Forum Replies Created
glad i searched before posting 🙂 i got confused too. i don’t mind shortcode shows for admin i can find a workaround. But as admin, i have specific content on the website showing on the front end. That is a use case that may need a future solution, maybe a little parameter to show in case of admin. Thanks!
one more thing:
Edit access restrictions works for multiple roles assigned to the same user this way:
URE takes an access model (Allow or Block) from the 1st role and add to it access conditions from other roles with the same access model only. For example: User has 3 roles. 1st role: Allow, 2nd role: Block, 3rd role: Allow. Access conditions will be applied from the 1st and 3rd roles only.
So in other words, i should either use allow or block, not both, right? any thoughts how the order of roles is determined? i mean, is the primary role always the first role, which will determine which access model will be used?
One last question, does the user access model (defined at the bottom of the user profile) override role access model?
Well, I create a new installation of wordpress and added both MinervaKB and User Role Editor, and things worked fine. I figured something is wrong with my original site. I disabled all plugins except the 2 on the original site, still problem is there. I reset User roles from your settings menu, still problem is there.
I deleted all role related plugins (Members, AAM – but both were all the time deactivated) and deleted yours and reinstalled only yours. Things started to work again. I only noticed that the Posts Edit pop still showed ids of taxonomies.
So i guess i have to start enabling things again one by one and see if anything happens. It is stability that i am looking for, and i will not install other role related plugins because i am trying to stick with User Role Editor. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your reply. I am a developer, and i tried all obvious scenarios. I am working as admin from Chrome, and working as a regular user from incognito. I keep doing refreshes and cash clearing and even reassigning roles, re-editing access, trying different users, different taxonomies, re-installing plugins, etc…
I would ask you more about multiple roles, but I really do need to get the basic feature to work. I even couldn’t get the custom taxonomies to show/edit on dashboard until i gave edit_posts and manage_categories rights to the user. That is something strange, because it all worked before while i had no single capability selected for the posts. quite strange.