Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Shortcodes not working after update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SmarterBalanced
    Participant

Hello,

I updated the plugin on my site yesterday, and the content view restriction shortcodes stopped working. Not that they aren’t only restricting content, but the shortcode is even visible on the page.

I tested this on a staging site to see if it was a conflict with another plugin, but everything was working until I updated only the User Role Editor plugin, and the same issue happened.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Brad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

Did you test shortcode under regular users or as admin?
    Take into account that shortcode does not work for user with ‘administrator’ role. There is no restrictions for administrator. I do not process [user_role_editor] shortcode for administrator for this reason.

SmarterBalanced
    Participant

Oh I see. Yes, it is working for other uses. That’s a relief.

I think I understand your rationale for not processing the shortcode for administrators, but I think it would it be more useful to process the shortcode still so that I know there isn’t an error if I see the shortcode printed on the screen. It also helps when designing pages to not have the extra code showing on the page, and for other site admins to know there isn’t a problem. Just my perspective based on how I use this feature.

Thanks for the quick response!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your opinion. You are not alone. I will add a custom filter to the next version in order it will be possible to change this default logic and process the shortcode for administrator the same way as for any other user.

michelhabib
    Participant

glad i searched before posting 🙂 i got confused too. i don’t mind shortcode shows for admin i can find a workaround. But as admin, i have specific content on the website showing on the front end. That is a use case that may need a future solution, maybe a little parameter to show in case of admin. Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks. I will change this in a next version.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.