Core version: 4.51.1
- Fix: Post/Pages/Custom post types (CPT) edit restrictions add-on:
– When CPT excluded from restrictions via ‘ure_restrict_edit_post_type’ filter, its categories list is not restricted for selection too.
- Update: Meta boxes access add-on: It’s possible to automatically block Gutenberg components (right sidebar) – just block corresponding meta boxes: Categories, Tags, Featured Image, Excerpt, Discussion, Slug (Permalink).
- Core version was updated to 4.51.1:
- Fix: Superadmin could not revoke capabilities from ‘administrator’ role under WordPress multisite.
Core version: 4.51
- New: Posts edit access add-on:
– Custom filter ‘ure_edit_posts_access_add_orders_by_customer’ was added. It returns FALSE by default. If switch it to TRUE and turn ON “Own data only” option for role or user, add-on will make available for current user WooCommerce orders for which he is a customer. It may be useful for scenario, when order customer is allowed to edit his own orders. It will prevent current user from seeing orders from other customers.
– Custom filter ‘ure_edit_access_posts_list’ was added. It allows programmatically set/change the list of posts ID which will be used to allow/prohibit editing for current user.
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on:
– PHP notice was fixed: Undefined index: ure_prohibit_allow_flag in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/content-view-restrictions-posts-list.php on lines 398, 406.
– If restriction is not set for a post or page, use default values from URE settings or hard-coded value if other is not available.
- Core version was updated to 4.51:
- New: Bulk actions were added to the Users page: “Add Role”, “Revoke Role”. Select role from the related drop-down menu and add/revoke it to/from the list of pre-selected users.
- Update: Bulk grant roles feature (“Grant roles” button at the “Users” page) and Bulk grant role to users without role (“Without role” button at the “Users” page) are protected by ‘promote_users’ capability instead of ‘edit_users’, exactly the same way as WordPress itself does for its “Change role to”.
- Update: ‘load-users.php’ action is used instead of ‘admin_init’ to load support code for “Without role” and “Grant roles” button at the “Users” page.
- Update: URE ignores now a capability without ID in case it was added to the database somehow (other plugin bug, etc.). Such incorrect empty capability is removed from the capabilities list as a result after any role update.
Core version: 4.50.2
- Fix: Posts/pages edit restrictions add-on: PHP “Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/posts-edit-access.php on line 514” was fixed.
Core version: 4.50.2
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: Option “Redirection to URL” does not work correctly for page containing GravityView shortcode, like “[gravityview id=’43’]”. Redirection code is hooked to the ‘template_redirect’ action with priority 9 now in order to be executed earlier than related code from Gravity View.
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on: Endless redirection loop could took place in rare cases. If current URL is blocked URE selected automatically the 1st available admin menu item and redirects to it. Automatically selected menu item is checked against blocked URLs list to exclude such issue.
- Fix: WordPress multisite: add-ons data from the main site was not copied to a new subsite in case new subsite was created from front-end.
- Core version was updated to 4.50.2:
- Fix: WordPress multisite: PHP Notice “wpmu_new_blog is deprecated since version 5.1.0! Use wp_insert_site instead.” was removed. URE uses ‘wp_initialize_site’ action now instead of deprecated ‘wpmu_new_blog’. This fix provides correct roles replication from the main blog/site to a new created blog/site.
Core version: 4.50.1
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on:
– “return=<...>” argument was not removed properly from “customize.php” URLs linked to “Appearance->Customize” and “Appearance->Header” submenu items.
Attention! Reopen your “Admin menu” settings fro the restricted roles and check if these submenu items are still blocked after installing this update.
– “Forms->System Status” menu item of “Gravity Forms” plugin was not supported properly. PHP Notice: “Undefined index: gf_system_status in \wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\admin-menu-view.php on line 108” was generated and broke the JSON response.
- Fix: Network Admin->Users->Capabilities->Network Update: Fatal error: Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘URE_Editor_Pro’ not found
- Fix: Network Admin->Users->Capabilities->Network Update: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/editor-ext.php on line 103
- Core version was updated to 4.50.1:
- Fix: WP Multisite: Users->Capabilities->Update: “Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Editor::check_blog_user() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/classes/editor.php on line 576” was fixed.
- Fix: WooCommerce group was not shown under Custom capabilities section.
Core version: 4.50
- Fix: Meta boxes access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/meta-boxes-access.php:104
- Fix: Posts view access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/posts-view-access.php:99
Core version: 4.50
- Fix: Role import: Input data control was added to exclude PHP warnings, like “PHP Warning: array_walk_recursive() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given”. Error message was replaced with “Role file is broken or has invalid format”.
- Fix: Front-end menu access add-on: Bug prevented this add-on normal loading.
- Fix: Other roles access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/other-roles-access.php:109
Core version: 4.50
- New: It’s possible to export all user roles from current site to CSV file. Go to “Settings->User Role Editor->Tools” and click “Export” button at “Export user roles to CSV file” section.
- New: Multisite: Plugins list access for activation/deactivation restrictions is possible to replicate from the main site to the whole network.
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: There was a conflict with bbPress ‘posts_request’ filter ‘bbp_has_replies_where’, which returned wrong result in case content view restrictions add-on was active. Description was not shown for the not restricted topics.
- Core version was updated to 4.50
- Update: General code restructure and optimization.
- Update: URE_Base_Lib::get_blog_ids() returns null, if it’s called under WordPress single site (not multisite).
- Update: URE_Editor::prepare_capabilities_to_save() : “Invalid argument supplied for foreach()” warning was excluded in case there was no valid data structures initialization.
- Update: ‘administrator’ role protection was enhanced. URE always does not allow to revoke capability from ‘administrator’ role. That was possible earlier after the ‘administrator’ role update.
- Update: 2 new actions ‘ure_settings_tools_show’ and ‘ure_settings_tools_exec’ allows to extends the list of sections available at the Settings->User Role Editor->Tools tab.