Core version: 4.52.2
- New: Other roles access add-on: Use custom ‘ure_other_roles_access’ filter to change restrictions for user dynamically. Filter takes 2 input parameters: 1) $blocked (array) – restrictions for current user; 2) $user (WP_User) – current user.
- Fix: Other roles access add-on:
– It was not possible to edit user from the users list, when “Not selected” model is turned ON.
– There was a bug in processing roles with similar role IDs, like ‘customer’, ‘wholesaler_customer’. When you blocked ‘customer’ role, script automatically blocked similar role ‘wholesaler_customer’.
- Core version was updated to 4.52.2
- Fix: Custom capabilities for custom post types was not created by URE automatically since version 4.52.1.
- Fix: ‘administrator’ role protection did not show to power users roles with ‘administrator’ word inside, like ‘shop_administrator’, etc.
Core version: 4.52.1
- New: Multisite: “Network Admin->Users->User Role Editor->Network Update” URE Pro uses by default the main blog as a source of add-ons settings to replicate for all network. New custom filter ‘ure_get_addons_source_blog’ allows to use as a source blog any other existing subsite. Filter accepts single parameter – main blog ID by default. User this filter to return ID of blog/subsite which you wish to use as a source of add-ons settings for all other subsites.
- Fix: PHP Notice: Undefined variable: post_id in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/content-view-restrictions-editor.php on line 150
Core version: 4.52.1
- New: Front-end menus admin access add-on: Block access to the front-end (navigation) menus under “Appearance->Menu” for selected role.
- Core version was updated to 4.52.1
- Update: URE requires PHP version 5.6.
- Update: ure_cpt_editor_roles filter was added. It takes 2 parameters: array $roles with 1 element ‘administrator’ by default and $post_type with post type name string. Add other role(s) to which you wish automatically add all user capabilities for custom post type $post_type. URE updates roles this way before opening “Users->User Role Editor” page.
- Update: New own URE Pro user capability ‘ure_nav_menus_access’ was added. It allows to manage what front-end menus will be available for selected role.
Core version: 4.51.3
- New: Content View Restrictions add-on: It’s possible to add view restrictions directly to post categories or any other custom taxonomies.
- Update: Meta boxes access add-on: It’s possible to block/hide “Page Attributes” Gutenberg sidebar component blocking “Page”->”Page Attributes” meta box.
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: Redirection from not available for view front/home page works as expected (“Page not found” error message was shown earlier).
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on: When menu link is the same as the link of the single unblocked submenu item (all the rest items of the same submenu were blocked), menu link was removed as a blocked one.
- Fix: Export single role: Exported file may lose 1-2 last characters and get wrong extension (.pdf in addion to expected .dat). Content type header was replaced with ‘application/octet-stream’;
- Fix: Import single role: Error processing was enhanced for the cases of incorrect JSON data input. URE shows error message now instead of page reload in silence.
- Fix: Settings->User Role Editor->Multisite->Activate access restrictions to User Role Editor for single site administrator: after turning ON this option URE produced PHP fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::filter_existing_caps_input() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/settings-pro.php on line 192