Core version: 4.51.3
- Update: Admin menu access add-on: Extra menu separators (if they follow one by one) are removed automatically.
- Fix: Edit restrictions add-on: Restricted categories was available for selection in Gutenberg.
- Core version was updated to 4.51.3:
- Fix: line #281 at /includes/classes/view.php called to the not existing class property.
- Fix: Dialog button labels inside User Role Editor (‘Cancel’ buttons especially) were shown with not correct translation or not translated at all.
- Fix: Roles have saved in alphabet order after any role update. Roles order in the database is not changed now. Sorting is made for a view purpose only.
- Update: Roles sorting inside WordPress roles dropdown lists is switched OFF by default. In order to switch WP roles dropdown lists sorting ON, return TRUE from ‘ure_sort_wp_roles_list’ filter.
Core version: 4.51.1
- Fix: Post/Pages/Custom post types (CPT) edit restrictions add-on:
– When CPT excluded from restrictions via ‘ure_restrict_edit_post_type’ filter, its categories list is not restricted for selection too.
- Update: Meta boxes access add-on: It’s possible to automatically block Gutenberg components (right sidebar) – just block corresponding meta boxes: Categories, Tags, Featured Image, Excerpt, Discussion, Slug (Permalink).
- Core version was updated to 4.51.1:
- Fix: Superadmin could not revoke capabilities from ‘administrator’ role under WordPress multisite.
Core version: 4.51
- New: Posts edit access add-on:
– Custom filter ‘ure_edit_posts_access_add_orders_by_customer’ was added. It returns FALSE by default. If switch it to TRUE and turn ON “Own data only” option for role or user, add-on will make available for current user WooCommerce orders for which he is a customer. It may be useful for scenario, when order customer is allowed to edit his own orders. It will prevent current user from seeing orders from other customers.
– Custom filter ‘ure_edit_access_posts_list’ was added. It allows programmatically set/change the list of posts ID which will be used to allow/prohibit editing for current user.
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on:
– PHP notice was fixed: Undefined index: ure_prohibit_allow_flag in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/content-view-restrictions-posts-list.php on lines 398, 406.
– If restriction is not set for a post or page, use default values from URE settings or hard-coded value if other is not available.
- Core version was updated to 4.51:
- New: Bulk actions were added to the Users page: “Add Role”, “Revoke Role”. Select role from the related drop-down menu and add/revoke it to/from the list of pre-selected users.
- Update: Bulk grant roles feature (“Grant roles” button at the “Users” page) and Bulk grant role to users without role (“Without role” button at the “Users” page) are protected by ‘promote_users’ capability instead of ‘edit_users’, exactly the same way as WordPress itself does for its “Change role to”.
- Update: ‘load-users.php’ action is used instead of ‘admin_init’ to load support code for “Without role” and “Grant roles” button at the “Users” page.
- Update: URE ignores now a capability without ID in case it was added to the database somehow (other plugin bug, etc.). Such incorrect empty capability is removed from the capabilities list as a result after any role update.
Core version: 4.50.2
- Fix: Posts/pages edit restrictions add-on: PHP “Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/posts-edit-access.php on line 514” was fixed.
Core version: 4.50.2
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: Option “Redirection to URL” does not work correctly for page containing GravityView shortcode, like “[gravityview id=’43’]”. Redirection code is hooked to the ‘template_redirect’ action with priority 9 now in order to be executed earlier than related code from Gravity View.
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on: Endless redirection loop could took place in rare cases. If current URL is blocked URE selected automatically the 1st available admin menu item and redirects to it. Automatically selected menu item is checked against blocked URLs list to exclude such issue.
- Fix: WordPress multisite: add-ons data from the main site was not copied to a new subsite in case new subsite was created from front-end.
- Core version was updated to 4.50.2:
- Fix: WordPress multisite: PHP Notice “wpmu_new_blog is deprecated since version 5.1.0! Use wp_insert_site instead.” was removed. URE uses ‘wp_initialize_site’ action now instead of deprecated ‘wpmu_new_blog’. This fix provides correct roles replication from the main blog/site to a new created blog/site.
Core version: 4.50.1
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on:
– “return=<...>” argument was not removed properly from “customize.php” URLs linked to “Appearance->Customize” and “Appearance->Header” submenu items.
Attention! Reopen your “Admin menu” settings fro the restricted roles and check if these submenu items are still blocked after installing this update.
– “Forms->System Status” menu item of “Gravity Forms” plugin was not supported properly. PHP Notice: “Undefined index: gf_system_status in wp-contentpluginsuser-role-editor-proproincludesclassesadmin-menu-view.php on line 108” was generated and broke the JSON response.
- Fix: Network Admin->Users->Capabilities->Network Update: Fatal error: Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘URE_Editor_Pro’ not found
- Fix: Network Admin->Users->Capabilities->Network Update: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Using $this when not in object context in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/editor-ext.php on line 103
- Core version was updated to 4.50.1:
- Fix: WP Multisite: Users->Capabilities->Update: “Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Editor::check_blog_user() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/classes/editor.php on line 576” was fixed.
- Fix: WooCommerce group was not shown under Custom capabilities section.
Core version: 4.50
- Fix: Meta boxes access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/meta-boxes-access.php:104
- Fix: Posts view access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/posts-view-access.php:99
Core version: 4.50
- Fix: Role import: Input data control was added to exclude PHP warnings, like “PHP Warning: array_walk_recursive() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given”. Error message was replaced with “Role file is broken or has invalid format”.
- Fix: Front-end menu access add-on: Bug prevented this add-on normal loading.
- Fix: Other roles access add-on: PHP fatal error was fixed: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Lib_Pro::set_notification() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/other-roles-access.php:109
Core version: 4.50
- New: It’s possible to export all user roles from current site to CSV file. Go to “Settings->User Role Editor->Tools” and click “Export” button at “Export user roles to CSV file” section.
- New: Multisite: Plugins list access for activation/deactivation restrictions is possible to replicate from the main site to the whole network.
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: There was a conflict with bbPress ‘posts_request’ filter ‘bbp_has_replies_where’, which returned wrong result in case content view restrictions add-on was active. Description was not shown for the not restricted topics.
- Core version was updated to 4.50
- Update: General code restructure and optimization.
- Update: URE_Base_Lib::get_blog_ids() returns null, if it’s called under WordPress single site (not multisite).
- Update: URE_Editor::prepare_capabilities_to_save() : “Invalid argument supplied for foreach()” warning was excluded in case there was no valid data structures initialization.
- Update: ‘administrator’ role protection was enhanced. URE always does not allow to revoke capability from ‘administrator’ role. That was possible earlier after the ‘administrator’ role update.
- Update: 2 new actions ‘ure_settings_tools_show’ and ‘ure_settings_tools_exec’ allows to extends the list of sections available at the Settings->User Role Editor->Tools tab.
Core version: 4.49
- Fix: Multisite blogs ID list was built incorrectly due to bug in the code.Affected modules: add-ons network data replication, role data import./li>
- Core version was updated to 4.49:
- Update: Selected role ID was added to “Delete role” confirmation dialog.
- Update: Method URE_Base_Lib::get_short_list_str() was enhanced.
- Update: Method URE_Base_Lib::get_blog_ids() was made public.
- Update: Method URE_Lib::get_usermeta_table_name() was excluded.
- Fix: PHP warning “Undefined index:’unexisted role ID'” was fixed at URE_Lib::roles_text() (wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor/includes/classes/lib.php:360).
- Fix: Bug was fixed with incorrect usage of transient for option “Show deprecated capabilities”.
Core version: 4.48
- Update: Content view restrictions add-on: redirection to URL: page path processing code was enhanced (URE_Content_View_Restrictions::get_page_path_from_url()).
- Update: Admin menu access add-on: internal support was added for ‘tab’ URL argument used by “WP Mail Smtp” plugin. It excludes automatic redirection when user with restricted admin menu access tries to switch between tabs at the “WP Mail Smtp” plugin setting page.
- Update: Posts/pages edit restrictions add-on: internal caching (based on WordPress transients) was rewritten in order to save/load data partially, for a single user only at the time, not for all at once.
- Fix: Admin menu access add-on: PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/admin-menu-view.php on line 299
- Fix: Posts/pages edit restrictions add-on: custom fields list selection drop-down list was empty at a new created post for a restricted user. Internal cache which did not include a new created post record as allowed one is cleared now on the ‘wp_post_insert’ action.
- Fix: Front-end menu access add-on: Compatibility was enhanced with other themes/plugins which use hook ‘wp_nav_menu_item_custom_fields’.
- Core version was updated to 4.48:
- Update: Multisite: Sites list is not requested from database on every page load in order to increase page load speed.
- Update: URE plugin version update routine is called now at the wp-admin backend only.
- Update: Direct access to URE_Lib::bbpress property was excluded as a preparation to future code enhancements.
Core version: 4.47
- Fix: Content view restrictions add-on: Fatal error was fixed: Argument 1 passed to URE_Content_View_Restrictions_Posts_List:can_edit() must be an instance of WP_Post, instance of stdClass given.
- Update: Unused code was removed from user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/bbpress.php
- Core version was updated to 4.47:
- Fix: “Users->User Role Editor”: Capabilities view was not refreshed properly for new selected role in case “Granted Only” filter was turned ON before other role selection.
- Update: Unused code was removed from user-role-editor/includes/classes/bbpress.php
- Update: Prevent sudden revoke role ‘administrator’ from a user(s) during capability with the same ID (‘administrator’) deletion from roles.
- Update: Adding custom capability ‘administrator’ was prohibited.
- Update: Marked as compatible with WordPress version 5.0
Core version: 4.46
- New: Content view restrictions add-on: It’s possible to set default URL for redirection in case of view access error. If redirection URL for post/page is not set, URE uses default value. If default value is not set URE redirects user the automatically built to the site login URL.
- Update: Content view restrictions add-on: Internal cache usage was optimized to increase performance for sites with large quantity of posts and users.
- Update: Other roles access add-on: ‘Blocking any role for “administrator” is not allowed.’ message is shown after click “Other Roles” button for “administrator” role.
- Update: Meta boxes access add-on: Dialog markup uses fixed columns width in order all columns will be visible without horizontal scrolling.
- Update: Admin menu access add-on: White listed arguments are supported now for the links from the “Tools” menu.
- Fix: Widgets admin access add-on: “Undefined index … in widgets-admin-access.php line #78” warning was fixed. Warning was shown in case if blocked widget does not exist (due to related plugin deactivation or deletion).