User manual for the User Role Editor is under development.
There are some key starting points:
- WordPress core user roles and capabilities
- User Role Editor (free version) general features
- User Role Editor Own Permissions
- User Role Editor additional protection
- How to add your own access options to the role
- Hooks available (actions and filters)
- Embed YouTube video to a post or page
Pro version additional features
Block selected admin menu items on per role base (more details…)
Show front end menu item for everyone, logged-in users, logged-in users with selected role(s), not logged-in visitors only (more details…)
Block selected widgets under “Appearance” menu on per role base (more details…)
Block access to metaboxes for the selected role (more details…)
Block access to the other roles for the selected role (more details…)
Per plugin access for users with “activate_plugins” capability (more info…);
Export and Import user roles
Multi-site: One point roles management for all sites at Network Admin (more info…)
Multi-site: Restrict access of single sites administrators to the selected user capabilities and Add/Delete role operations inside User Role Editor (more info…)
Multi-site: Superadmin can setup individual lists of themes available for activation to selected single sites administrators (more info…)
Content edit access restriction features:
- Force all custom posts types to use its own custom capabilities set instead of usage of one built on the base of the ‘post’, e.g. ‘edit_videos’ instead of ‘edit_posts’.
- Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types. For example, without a ‘create_post’ capability user will be allowed just edit the existing posts.
- Users access restriction for editing selected posts and pages only, by post/page ID or/and author user ID (more info…);
- Users access restriction to Gravity Forms by forms ID list (more info…);
Content view access restriction for selected roles and with short_codes (more info…)
Manage what widgets are shown for what role (more info…).
Admin pages permissions viewer shows at the bottom of every admin backend (wp-admin) page the user capabilities list checked by this page and plugins hooked to it (more details…).
- How add a custom role?
- How grant capability to a role?
- How to install Pro version and do not lose changes made by free version.
- How to update Pro version
- Ho to update one license to another
- Why user is redirected to admin dashboard when tries to search/filter post or product
- How to restore lost admin permissions.
- Why role loses access to posts editing when I revoke edit_posts from custom post type?