Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EAC2020
    Participant

Hi – I have 2 questions:

1. How do I restrict media library access to only things the user uploads? I read some posts and saw something about an add on but I can’t find it. I am not a coder so I don’t know how to do complicated things. I can just check boxes 🙂

2. How do I allow someone to edit a post created by Gravity Forms without allowing them to edit everyone else’s posts? Right now I have edit others posts enabled in order to get the Gravity Form post editing ability. If I am remembering correctly.

thanks

EAC2020
    Participant

I figured out #1. Still need help with #2. Thanks.

EAC2020
    Participant

One more question:

All my users can export Gravity Forms. I have Gravity Forms Advanced Permissions Add On and they can only see the form I allow them to see. The problem is that no matter what I do, I cannot remove the “gravityforms_export_entries” capabilty in URE Pro. I deprecate it and it’s still there. I tried removing at the role level and at the user level. Can’t make the capability go away. Thx.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

2. Look, what user(s) is the author of post created by Gravity Forms. Add user ID to the list of authors which post you allow to edit for this user.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is “gravityforms_export_entries” capability shown turned ON even after your turn it OFF and update the role?

EAC2020
    Participant

Thanks for your fast reply.

I don’t understand this statement. Can you say it again maybe in a different way? I am not a coder so it’s a bit confusing. The first part is asking who is the author of the post created in Gravity forms, I think (I am not sure who it is….).I don’t understand what you said about adding User ID to a list….where would I do that?

“2. Look, what user(s) is the author of post created by Gravity Forms. Add user ID to the list of authors which post you allow to edit for this user.

————————————

“Is “gravityforms_export_entries” capability shown turned ON even after your turn it OFF and update the role?” –

No – it’s just empty. It stays empty all the time, no matter what I do to it, and they can export. I mean, the capability box is never checked and it is never listed in the user’s capabilities list on their user page.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Go to the “Posts->All”. The 2nd column in a view is “Author”. Find a post, created via Gravity Forms, which you wish allow to edit to some user. Are all created from the same user? Point by mouse to the user name at the “Author” column. You will see the user ID at the link, like 20 here: wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=post&author=20

Then you can use “edit restrictions” add-on and input to your user profile the author ID:
    section “Posts/Pages/Custom Post Types Editor Restrictions”, field “with author user ID (comma separated)”.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

As I remember any who can edit Gravity form, can export its entries.
    Btw., URE includes “GF edit restrictions” add-on, which allows to restrict the list of forms available to a user. Plus, such user will can export entries only for the allowed forms.

EAC2020
    Participant

I am trying to reply but it is not showing up…..help please…..

I emailed my response.

EAC2020
    Participant

Hi Vladimir, can you tell me again where the setting is so that users can only work with their own stuff? Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

where the setting is so that users can only work with their own stuff?

1) Activate “Edit restrictions” add-on.
    2) The option named “Own data only” you may turn ON directly for the selected user at user profile or at the “Post edit” dialog window opened for selected role at the “User Role Editor”.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.