Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Allowing user search within permitted posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    realityhouse
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to resolve an issue where a certain user type that is only permitted access to specific areas (custom post types), but isn’t able to search within that area. When you use the keyword search within those sections, it just redirects to the dashboard so I’m assuming there is a permission somewhere I need to adjust?

I have tried your suggestion in this ticket to see if that would work and switched the Admin Menu for the user to ‘Block selected’ as I wondered if that would allow the search URLs to be loaded, but sadly it still seems to have that issue.

Is there anything else you can advise I look at to resolve this? Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just to check, will issue go away if you unblock access to the built-in ‘Posts’ menu item?

realityhouse
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Yes you’re quite right, if I unblock the Posts items in the Admin menu, they can then search, but then of course can see all Posts.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Make the search as admin and look at the URL parameters, try to add them into the list of allowed parameters for this custom post type menu item link:

Admin menu URL parameters white list

realityhouse
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.