Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports "Activate Administrator Menu Access module" bug

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    albiurs
    Participant

Not sure, if I got it right. In my case I have WPML (https://wpml.org/) installed to translate bits of the English theme into German. And in this case, German (lang=de) is the main language of this specific website. This might be the reason of what you write about the language. Am I right?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right. I supposed that you have active WPML plugin, when found a ‘lang’ parameter in URL.

albiurs
    Participant

So, the compatibility with WPML is something which you think you can fix?
    Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes. I work on it.

albiurs
    Participant

Great, thanks! So I look forward to the next update…
    Best wishes,
    Urs

albiurs
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

It looks like we have the same (or a similar) bug again. If I’m on pages (logged in as editor) and want to delete a page directly from the page overview, the page gets deleted, but I’m forwarded to the dashboard. The same happens, if I’m in the trash and want to restore the page, the page gets restored correctly, but I get forwarded to the dashboard too. Everything is fine, if I’m deleting/restoring a page as an admin.

Thanks for fixing it.

Best,
    Urs

albiurs
    Participant

and here’s the video

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your help in finding this.
    “Admin menu access” add-on works with this rule: if something is not directly allowed – it’s prohibited. I extended the list of allowed arguments for the ‘edit.php’ command to fix the issues your noted. Try development version 4.28.2.b8. It’s available after login from the download page as always.

albiurs
    Participant

ok, thanks!

albiurs
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I have two more bugs of this kind:
    – If no menu exist, the editor gest forwarded to the dashboard if he wants to access the menu administration page.
    – And if a menu already exists, he gets forwarded to the dashboard, when accessing “Manage Locations” from the menu administration page.

See the video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/paq39hn8e5o5rtw/bug03.mov?dl=0

It of course only happens, if the user role editor is active. If not, everything works without issues.

Thanks for fixing it.

Best wishes,
    Urs

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Urs,

Thanks for this information. I will include a fix to the next update.

albiurs
    Participant

Perfect, thanks for the update!
    Best, Urs

albiurs
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I just found one more of these recent editor “dashboard-forwarding” bugs. The editor gets forwarded to the dashboard if accessing the second menu in the drop-down list. See viedeo:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogcszwy12qsyuv4/bug04.mov?dl=0

Thanks for fixing it.

Just wondering: Am I the only user, facing these kind of forwarding bugs? There are obviously a lot of this kind. And why this happens? Especially this bug seems strange to me, as I already submitted exactly the same bug about half a year ago (https://www.role-editor.com/forums/topic/activate-administrator-menu-access-module-bug/) – see my very first post in this topic from 21/02/2016 at 08:43. Why this happens again? I thought it was already fixed…

Thanks.

Best wishes,
    Urs

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Urs,

The editor gets forwarded to the dashboard if accessing the second menu in the drop-down list.

This issue has the same reason as the problem you described at 08.10.2016. It was described here.

I registered ‘action’ and ‘menu’ parameters for the nav-menus.php at development version 4.29. Beta 5 will be available for testing this week. I will just finish some tests with it myself.

Yes, unfortunately I reintroduced this bug after refactoring “Admin menu access” add-on code this year. It’s necessary to apparently register URL arguments for WordPress commands which used/blocked with “not selected” model – I missed some such arguments. So thanks again for your help.

albiurs
    Participant

That’s ok of course. I appreciate your effort in making the plugin even better!

Thanks for the update…

Best,
    Urs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.