Some times you ask me:
– How to update User Role Editor Pro version?
The answer is simple. You may update currently installed older version of User Role Editor Pro to the newer one exactly the same way how you make it for any other free plugin from WordPress official repository.
When new version of User Role Editor Pro becomes available you will see that information at the “Plugins” page:
If you see the note “Automatic update is not available for this plugin” as on the image above, you need to input User Role Editor Pro license key at User Role Editor Options page.
In order to get your license key login to the role-editor.com and go to your membership account.
If you insert license key, but still do not see that update is available, click the “Check for updates” link. It will send the update request to role-editor.com and refresh the information about update availability.
You may start update by click on the “Update now” link at the “Plugins” page. Or use “Dashboard-Updates” menu as central update point for all WordPress stuff:
In case automatic update does not work for you for some reason it is still possible to update User Role Editor manually:
1) Login to the role-editor.com
2) Get the latest version of User Role Editor Pro from the Download page.
3) Deactivate User Role Editor Pro plugin.
4) Replace all User Role Editor Pro plugin files via FTP. Plugin is installed into wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro folder.
5) Activate User Role Editor Pro plugin.