Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ripanti
    Participant

Hi use Enfold and the WordPress Team Manager.
    Now I have to set up rights to users to special groups of the Team Manager.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Groups is the custom taxonomy for the team_manager custom post type, like Categories for the posts. So you may use ‘content edit restrictions’ additional module to restrict edit access for the user directly or via role. You may input groups ID list, to which you allow or block the edit access.

ripanti
    Participant

Thanks, I try this, but I can’t see any content to edit. Maybe the editor makes some problems. Does he need some extra rights?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

‘WP Team Manager’ uses ‘team_managers’ based capabilities set, like ‘edit_team_managers’, ‘edit_others_team_managers’, just replace ‘posts’ to ‘team_managers’ to get the full list of capabilities you may need to get the full access to this custom post type.

If content is created by some other user – members are added to the team by one user, and you wish to restrict access for the other user, you should give to him the access 1st (‘edit_others_team_managers’ capability in this case) and only then to restrict those access for special groups/categories for him.

ripanti
    Participant

Thanks .. but where should I replace “posts” to “team_managers”.

Sorry for stupid questions.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

No problem.
    I mean if you’re familiar with the built-in capabilities for the ‘posts’: edit_posts, publish_posts, edit_others_posts, delete_posts, etc. you may simply build the capability name for the ‘team_managers’ custom post type (CPT), take ‘delete_posts’ and replace ‘posts’ with ‘team_managers’ and receive ‘delete_team_managers’ as the permission for the deletion of Members added by the user himself.
    You may check this way if your role contains all needed capabilities for the ‘team_managers’ CPT or it does not.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You may input ‘team_managers’ into the the quick filter field at the ‘User Role Editor’ and look for the highlighted set of user capabilities for the ‘team_managers’ CPT at the ‘Custom capabilities’ section.

ripanti
    Participant
    Vladimir
    Keymaster

You are right. My apologies – I had ‘Force custom post types to use their own capabilities’ option turned ON at my test site User Role Editor Settings page. So I had a different picture and misleaded you, slightly I hope.

By default, ‘WordPress Team Manager’ uses the same capabilities for its CPT ‘team_manager’ as WordPress does for the posts.

Let’s start from the very begin. Do you as admin see at the ‘Team’ menu some list of the members with different groups? User with ‘editor’ role should see them all also.
    For example:
    If you activated ‘Activate user access management to editing selected posts, pages, custom post types’ option at URE’s Settings, you should see the ‘Posts Edit’ button at the User Role Editor. If you open it for the ‘Editor’ role and input some groups ID (comma separated) there, you will see as the Editor just members from those groups.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.