Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jeynon
    Participant

So I am using Role Editor Pro and have an issue with the permissions on the ability to delete Topics in the Forums of Woffice. If I de select the “delete_other_topics” from the chooses I lose the ability to remove my OWN topics. Once I select it I can indeed remove my topics but also all others. What is the difference between delete others and just delete? I want to only delete my own topics.

Also, if I have to keep this on so that everyone can delete all topics how do I set the “Are you sure” type warnings that come up when you are the super admin? What is that called and can I turn that on? Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

According to mentioned ‘delete_other_topics’ capability I suppose that you use bbPress plugin for work with forum. Please confirm?

jeynon
    Participant

Confirm that Vladimir. Sorry for the delay!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK.

In general ‘delete_others_topics’ should allow to delete topic created by other user. User without this capability should be able to delete own topics only.

Do you use a role provided by bbPress, like participant? Or do you grant bbPress capabilities to a custom role?

Check full list of capabilities available to your user. Go to Users and click ‘Capabilities’ link under the user row. Click ‘Granted Only’ checkbox, make screenshot and send a link to it here or screenshot itself to support [at-sign] role-editor.com.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Please read more exact answer here.

jeynon
    Participant

I have implemented the code you recommended in the function and it works great in getting me to only get my own replies to be deleted.
    The issue I am having now (and last one as far as I can see) is the my bbParticipant can delete an entire forum. I can make one, which is what we want, but if that is the case I want to only blow up my own forum. My guess is the same theory applies here for deleting my own forums? Great tech support. Thanks!
    Link to screen shot requested

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Forum deletion is available via back-end only by default. Forums menu is available at wp-admin to user with ‘bbp_forums_admin’ capability.

Thus I’m wonder how it’s possible for your participant to create and delete forums. Does your theme add additional controls at front-end related to forum management?

jeynon
    Participant

Yes there are front end abilities to create forums and also delete others.
    Trash and Reply seem to be standard inside a Forum. I only want the super to be able to Trash someone else’s Forum.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It seems that Woffice has updated user interface for bbPress with extended functinality. Can get access to its copy for testing? If Yes, share it via DropBox or similar with support [at-sign] role-editor.com

jeynon
    Participant

Done.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Got it. Thanks.
    I will proceed with subject investigation from July 31st, when return from a small journey.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I did not find any special changes for bbPress permissions/capabilities inside WOffice theme. It seems something is changing during BuddyPress/bbPress integration. Is it possible to get admin access to your site?
    If Yes, I would make a copy of files and data to setup a copy at my development environment and look what is going with bbPress permissions using your exact site settings/configuration. If that’s applicable, send URL and login credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.