Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    inpq
    Participant

Hi!

I create a role copying subscriber role, and i add some capabilities to add, edit and delete posts, and then i click on admin menú to actívate only posts and upload documents.

When i acces with a user with this role, i don’t see the close sesión button on top right where i can see my user name, so that, where can i activale this option?

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Luis,

Default menu at the top right corner under current user name is:
    – Edit My Profile;
    – Log Out.

Are they available? Or full admin menu bar was not available for this user.

Is ‘Close Session’ button available to the built-in subscriber role?
    Check the plugin which adds ‘Close Session’ button. May be it has an option to show such button for the selected roles only, etc.

inpq
    Participant

Look the image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23760098/logout.jpg

In top image, you can see the capabilities of the user, where i don’t see the log out option.

In bottom image you can see the Access with the user, and in the top right corner is not available the log out, so that he can’t log out.

I don’t know where can i actívate this option for this role and other roles that i create.

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

That’s strange. Please test if ‘Logout’ link will be available if you deactivate (temporary) “Admin menu access” add-on. Will it be shown?

inpq
    Participant

Yes! if i quit “admin menú Access” from network role administration, the user can log out.

Now… do you know where is the problem?

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Not yet, I just see that a reason of this problem in URE “admin menu access” module. I need to reproduce this problem to start searching a solution.
    Show a screenshot of “Admin menu access” dialog window for the problematic role. I will try to make the same settings.

inpq
    Participant

I’m not sure if the screenshot that you need is this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23760098/adminmenu.jpg

Here you have de admin menu of role “blogger” who is a new role that i create.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s exactly that what I asks to show. Thanks.

I still can not reproduce the issue though.
    Could you check and show me the link from your site for the ‘Log Out’ menu item at top right corner. I suppose the only case when it could be removed by URE Pro – when it was modified somehow from the default value: wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=…

inpq
    Participant

No, close session goes to my URL log-out because i change the wp-admin name for security.

Goes to http://www.myweb.com/myadminname/?action=logout&_wpnonce=xxxxxxx

Vladimir
    Keymaster

So there is no ‘wp-login.php’ in the logout URL?

inpq
    Participant

No, because i rename the admin URL with a plugin, so that wp-login.php is renamed. I can show you the URL in a private post, because this is public and it’s a private URL.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Right. Send that URL to support [at-sign] role-editor.com. I need to see a full structure to take a solution how to resolve this issue.

inpq
    Participant

I have send you the screenshot to the e-mail.

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Got it. Thanks. I will contact you with a solution in 1-2 days.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Resolved (discussed via email).
    Update was included into the development version 4.29.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.