Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ What is the best way to update from 4.12 to 4.12.1?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Printrbot
    Spectator

I am currently using 4.12 and have downloaded 4.12.1. What is the best way to update the plugin and will I lose and have to recreate all of my settings?

Printrbot
    Spectator

Does anybody know?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay with answer.
    You may replace the files in
    wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro
    folder with files from 4.12.1 package.
    Any settings/changes you made with URE Pro will be untouch.

Printrbot
    Spectator

ok, thanks

Printrbot
    Spectator

Vladimir – what is the best way to update from 4.12.1 to 4.14.2? Should I manually replace all the files in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro or can I use the updater in the WP dashboard? Screenshot… http://pbrd.co/UvENPq

Printrbot
    Spectator

I see that 4.14.3 was just released so I manually updated via FTP to the latest version. I also noticed that my license key was not in place before, so maybe on the next update I will be able to update via the WP dashboard?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, automatic update should work now. It is impossible without the license key. Please let me know, in case of any troubles with update in the future..

Printrbot
    Spectator

I am still getting the same “Automatic update is unavailable…” message even though I have version 4.14.4 installed and the license key is installed.

screenshots…
    http://pbrd.co/Z62QaC
    http://pbrd.co/Z62Ya1

alamodfw
    Spectator

I too am having the same issue.

Printrbot
    Spectator

I went ahead and just pushed the new files over via FTP again.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.

@alamodfw
    – please check, if license code was not missed at the URE Options page. It may be empty – there was an issue in previous versions.

I see the 404 error in my server logs for update information request from rare IP-addresses. The most of such requests including my own work as expected.

If you have URE Pro installed on multiple servers – is this problem occur at all installations?
    Let me know the IP-address of the server where automatic update not available. I will check it against my logs.

As the issue is not related to the FAQ section and may be a local problem I offer to proceed this conversation via email – support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Regards,
    Vladimir.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

FYI: I checked server log for the recent 3 days (from September 1st) and found that there are no the update information requests with your license keys.
    So I suppose that license key at problematic installation is empty (@printrbot, I saw your screenshot from URE settings page). Lets, re-check. If you’re familiar with SQL try to extract URE options from the WordPress database with this command (replace ‘wp_’ with your custom database prefix if needed):

select * from wp_options where option_name='user_role_editor';

and look for the ‘license_key’ string inside option_value field content. Is it not empty and does it contain valid license key?

Printrbot
    Spectator

Here is what is returned from that query

a:16:{s:17:"ure_caps_readable";i:0;s:24:"ure_show_deprecated_caps";i:0;s:19:"ure_hide_pro_banner";i:0;s:15:"show_admin_role";i:0;s:18:"ure_key_capability";s:0:"";s:25:"use_jquery_cdn_for_ui_css";i:0;s:11:"license_key";s:20:"U-m+FoaS6sLwV84pO2){";s:15:"licensed_domain";s:32:"5ced384e81b2253001bdab690609b36b";s:24:"count_users_without_role";i:0;s:33:"activate_admin_menu_access_module";s:1:"1";s:24:"manage_posts_edit_access";s:1:"1";s:31:"activate_create_post_capability";i:1;s:31:"manage_plugin_activation_access";s:1:"1";s:36:"activate_content_for_roles_shortcode";i:0;s:26:"activate_content_for_roles";i:0;s:12:"install_hash";s:32:"082d405657f9909ce74c11b96f0d825a";}

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks.
    I see from this data that the license key is definitely corrupted. Please re-insert it and let’s monitor if it will be in place and un-touched.

Printrbot
    Spectator

Ok, I re-saved the license key to the role editor settings page in the dashboard. Here is what is returned when I run that SQL query now…

a:16:{s:17:"ure_caps_readable";i:0;s:24:"ure_show_deprecated_caps";i:0;s:19:"ure_hide_pro_banner";i:0;s:15:"show_admin_role";i:0;s:18:"ure_key_capability";s:0:"";s:25:"use_jquery_cdn_for_ui_css";i:0;s:11:"license_key";s:64:"****************************************************************";s:15:"licensed_domain";s:32:"6e7e852901fde997f79d852da6089928";s:24:"count_users_without_role";i:0;s:33:"activate_admin_menu_access_module";s:1:"1";s:24:"manage_posts_edit_access";s:1:"1";s:31:"activate_create_post_capability";i:1;s:31:"manage_plugin_activation_access";s:1:"1";s:36:"activate_content_for_roles_shortcode";i:0;s:26:"activate_content_for_roles";i:0;s:12:"install_hash";s:32:"6e7e852901fde997f79d852da6089928";}
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.