Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request We can no longer restrict users to specific pages What happened?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    skrishnan
    Participant

Greetings,
    Over the past 5 years since we have been using the PRO version of User PRO Editor, we were able to successfully restrict users to the ability to only create / modify / edit certain pages.

Usually, we would perform this restriction on Users listings by entering the page ID of the pages we want users to able to access and make changes to.

Recently, that feature is no longer there.

Moreover, our users now have unfettered access to all pages.

Any ideas what happened and how to fix this?

We would like to resolve this very quickly.

Thank you in advance.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hello,

1) Check if User Role Editor Pro is activated;
    2) Go to the Settings->Additonal Modules and check if “Activate user access management to editing selected posts, pages, custom post types” checkbox is still turned ON.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

If 1, 2 is not the case, go to the some of restricted users profile and look if allowed pages ID are still there and not lost for some reason.

skrishnan
    Participant

First of all, Vladimir, thank you very much for the prompt response.

Much appreciated.

The answer to questions 1 and 2 is Yes. Still activated and the checkbox to question 2 is still ON.

Now, I don’t quite understand what you mean by go to some restricted user profile.

That’s exactly the problem. When I go to users profile, I don’t see that where to add or remove Page IDs anymore.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Strange. If it’s applicable (create dev. copy without critical data but with the same issue), send site URL and admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com. I will investigate what is going wrong.

skrishnan
    Participant

Things have gone from bad to worse.

Now, for some strange reason, user role editor PRO is no longer showing up in admin dashboard.
    Any ideas what could have happened?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Did you login as administrator user? Do you see URE Pro in the Plugins list? Is it active?

URE hides its “Users->User Role Editor” menu item from users without ‘ure_edit_roles’ capability.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.