Change WordPress user roles and capabilities › Forums › Bug Reports › VarkTech Pricing Deal Plugins
- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago by Vladimir.
09/06/2016 at 02:21 #2392
I just got this message from a plugin that i use – do you know what they are talking about?
– Varktech Pricing Deals for WooCommerce – is ** not compatible ** with the User Role Editor plugin. Pricing Deals is compatible with the Members plugin.
– Recently, a change in the User Role Editor plugin has “poisoned” the roles created with that plugin
– All of the Roles created with the User Role Editor must be ** replaced **
– And the new Roles must be updated in any Users and Pricing Deals Rules where the “poisoned” roles had been employed.09/06/2016 at 03:11 #2393
Thanks for this information. I did not know about such warning from “Varktech Pricing Deals for WooCommerce” plugin developer until you informed me. Moreover this warning existed 8 months at its support forum:
but that plugin author vark did not contact me about this issue, but prefered to require URE’s deletion from his plugin users.
I asked him to give more details about the issue via that support thread.
I will try to resolve possible issue/conflict as I will get more information.15/06/2016 at 08:18 #2419
Hello – did they Varktech folks respond?
Thanks.15/06/2016 at 10:16 #2420
There is no response from Varktech at the related forum thread.
Btw, I compared new roles added by Members plugin:
and by User Role Editor plugin:
As you see the only difference is that URE adds “deprecated” ‘level_0’ capability, but Members does not. So called ‘deprecated levels’ are still a subject for discussion as WordPress continues to use them:
So I just wonder to this moment, what was a reason for Varktech to use ‘poisoned’ word in relation to the URE’s created roles.
I plan make my own tests of Pricing Deals plugin with URE’s and Members created role to get a full picture.15/06/2016 at 10:56 #2421
If you need a copy of the VarkTech plugin let me know and I’ll send it to you via email.15/06/2016 at 11:00 #2422
I have also opened a support ticket with VarkTech asking them to contact you.15/06/2016 at 11:00 #2423
Thanks, I will ask a copy from you if needed.
Varktech placed this warning into a free version too. So I will test it, 1st.15/06/2016 at 11:03 #2424
Thanks for contacting Varktech on your side.15/06/2016 at 11:35 #2425
Hi – I got a reply from VarKTech – theyh’ll be removing the notice from the next version of their plugin. So I don’t think you need to do anything now. Here is the message I just got from them:
“I will be removing the notice with my next enhancement, and the notification in the plugin will be removed tomorrow when v1.1.6 rolls out.
Mark”15/06/2016 at 11:46 #2426
Thanks for you help with resolving this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.