Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports VarkTech Pricing Deal Plugins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    elindydotcom
    Participant

Hi:
    I just got this message from a plugin that i use – do you know what they are talking about?
    Thanks.

– Varktech Pricing Deals for WooCommerce – is ** not compatible ** with the User Role Editor plugin. Pricing Deals is compatible with the Members plugin.
    – Recently, a change in the User Role Editor plugin has “poisoned” the roles created with that plugin
    – All of the Roles created with the User Role Editor must be ** replaced **
    – And the new Roles must be updated in any Users and Pricing Deals Rules where the “poisoned” roles had been employed.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for this information. I did not know about such warning from “Varktech Pricing Deals for WooCommerce” plugin developer until you informed me. Moreover this warning existed 8 months at its support forum:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/role-editor-plugin-conflict-issue
    but that plugin author vark did not contact me about this issue, but prefered to require URE’s deletion from his plugin users.
    I asked him to give more details about the issue via that support thread.

I will try to resolve possible issue/conflict as I will get more information.

elindydotcom
    Participant

Hello – did they Varktech folks respond?

Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is no response from Varktech at the related forum thread.

Btw, I compared new roles added by Members plugin:

s:4:"test";a:2:{s:4:"name";s::"Test";s:12:"capabilities";a:1:{s:4:"read";b:1;}}

and by User Role Editor plugin:

s:4:"test";a:2:{s:4:"name";s:4:"Test";s:12:"capabilities";a:2:{s:4:"read";b:1;s:7:"level_0";b:1;}}

As you see the only difference is that URE adds “deprecated” ‘level_0’ capability, but Members does not. So called ‘deprecated levels’ are still a subject for discussion as WordPress continues to use them:

WordPress User Levels were deprecated just partially

So I just wonder to this moment, what was a reason for Varktech to use ‘poisoned’ word in relation to the URE’s created roles.
    I plan make my own tests of Pricing Deals plugin with URE’s and Members created role to get a full picture.

elindydotcom
    Participant

If you need a copy of the VarkTech plugin let me know and I’ll send it to you via email.

elindydotcom
    Participant

I have also opened a support ticket with VarkTech asking them to contact you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks, I will ask a copy from you if needed.
    Varktech placed this warning into a free version too. So I will test it, 1st.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for contacting Varktech on your side.

elindydotcom
    Participant

Hi – I got a reply from VarKTech – theyh’ll be removing the notice from the next version of their plugin. So I don’t think you need to do anything now. Here is the message I just got from them:

“I will be removing the notice with my next enhancement, and the notification in the plugin will be removed tomorrow when v1.1.6 rolls out.
    Best,
    Mark”

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for you help with resolving this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.