Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports User Role restrictions to Categories and CPT has no effect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    it-group
    Participant

We had some User-Roles.
    I i restrict the visibility for some Categories or Posts it takes no effect. Categories and Post are still shown (in search). Then i disallow it to all logged in Users: the Posts are still shown.
    The i disallow ALL Users: The Post disappears. I switch back to disallow to all logged in: The Post disappears. Ist really spooky …
    We have a CPT “Article” with Categories. the “Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types” is checked. The ‘Restriction-Area’ is shown by the “Edit Post/Article” Form, the “Edit Menu” Form and the “Edit Category” Form.
    But Changes have only “General” effect. Not “By Role”.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In order to exclude restricted post from the search results you have to select the action “Show HTTP 404 error”. This option excludes restricted post from all listings.
    If ‘Show access error message’ is selected, post is shown at the search results, only its content is replaced with access error message.

it-group
    Participant

thx a lot. This runs on Post/Articles (CPT). But ist there a way to restrict Post/CPT viewing by Category? (dont view all Post with Category xxx for Role yyy). The same setting on the Category do not work.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Does post have a single category and/or user – single role? We have to take into account settings made for another categories and/or roles.

it-group
    Participant

The post will have one odre more Categorys but the User only one Role.
    The Idea behind this is to control Views via Categorys.
    So you can fill different (sample) “News” Categories with different mixes of Posts for diffrent Roles.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Can I check the example at your site/stage/dev copy? If that’s applicable, send URL, admin credentials and example details (CPT, category, role) to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.