Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports User rights WP App (IOS and Android)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gpma
    Participant

Dear Vladimir,
    thank you for your Wonderfull plugin, it works very fine on desktop (pro version). My Collegs like to post by there smartphones (by WP APP, iPhones and Androids) and so i get in trouble cause with the WP App all restrictions are gone, mean i restrict the user (editor) to just there specific category, very simple at all. With the WP App they are able to post everywhere and so on..

Do you have a Solution?
    Best regards
    Herbert

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do not have a solution for the access restrictions problem with WP App right now. I will investigate it and try to offer the solution ASAP.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Herbert,

Do you Сolleagues use this application to post to WordPress from mobile devices?

gpma
    Participant

Yes, they do. In the meantime i checked it with some different android smartphones and now here it seems to work fine (i simplified the user roles again..).
    With my IOS devices (ios release 9.2.1) do i have the problem further on. Could it be i mad something wrong in the settings?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I think that Android and iOS applications both should work the same way in relation access to WordPress data.
    Try to clear all cached data at your iOS device.

ginovanherweghe
    Participant

I just installed WP app – works really fine, but the Android application does not work withe URE the same way as the deskop version. Think he does not “see” URE…
    When i log in with a user role with restrictions on using posts and media, the user can see all posts and media. Normally he should be seeing only one catagory of posts and only his own media (as on desktop)….
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks a lot
    Gino

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Edit restrictions should work if app uses WordPress built-in WPQuery to extract data from the database. I see few different plugins which offers to built WP app for WordPress site. Which one do you use?

ginovanherweghe
    Participant

I use this app https://apps.wordpress.com/mobile/ because he’s available in Dutch…
    If you have other, better apps, I can change it, because I’m only testing now and have not introduce it yet to the members.
    I only need the app to let them make simpele posts, the admin is not needed with the app.

Thanks a lot, again! What a service!

Gino

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification. I just returned to office. Let me make some tests with this app.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.