29/03/2021 at 20:05 #7453
I reset my settings and all user roles are gone.
Customers are gone.
Shop managers are gone.
How I can get them back urgently.30/03/2021 at 01:21 #7455
Quick fix for WooCommerce roles is to deactivate and activate back WooCommerce plugin. WC restores its roles automatically on activation.30/03/2021 at 05:34 #7458
Thanks Vladimir. I never though It will delete my current settings.
Reset means it will reset its own settings to zero day.
I export user roles from my dev site and import here. Seems solved. I installed woocomemrce and it didn’t worked.
I have few very important suggestion for newbies like me.
1. Reset means reset in all of the plugins. They never touch other areas. If we want to delete user roles we can do it with few clicks. I believe that button’s action should change.
2. If you can’t change it for any reason, Please put “get it back button” just next to reset. So we can get it back with one click. Since you already backup default setting.
3. Please update you document with images. There is no image in both page.30/03/2021 at 09:47 #7460
1. I clarify the meaning of ‘Reset’ action in this case with 2 detailed subsequent text warnings. This is a reason, why I will not change the thing which is 8+ years old.
2. I accept and will realize this suggestion. Thank you.
3. I fixed the image links in the mentioned article. Thanks again.30/03/2021 at 12:02 #7462
Thanks for reply.
1. I can see that it is old but still dangerous. “RESET” means to come back to normal/previous to me. It is not resetting but deleting original settings.
Maybe you can change the wording to “DELETE”. Just suggestion.
2. Thanks for taking this serious and make improvement.
3. Thanks, I thought I can understand it with images but I can’t. And some links are broken. Like
This is the sentences which address to this link.
Read this post for more details about changing WordPress user roles directly in the database using SQL commands.31/03/2021 at 05:41 #7467
1. I can not use “DELETE” as it does a real “Reset”:
– removes all roles;
– executes original code from WordPress setup, which creates from the scratch 5 WordPress built-in user roles: administrator, editor, author, contributor, subscriber. That is “reset” means in this case – return WordPress user roles to its initial state.
So URE’s “reset” here not only deletes roles added by other plugins, but removes any changes made by plugins or users to WordPress built-in roles.
3. I fixed the link to external article too. Thanks for pointing me that.09/04/2021 at 01:25 #7468
Thanks for updated link.
It is out of my capability. I afraid I can’t do these steps.
As you said if you can add 1 button to reverse back, It could be super cool for users like me.
ps : Updated link doesn’t have SSL thus chrome says it is unsecure. just fyi. https://prnt.sc/110ky1a
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.