Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ URE blocking category from displaying posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lewisS
    Participant

Hi again,

I’ve got a specific category of posts that I’m trying to make accessible to only a few types of user accounts. Regardless of what type of account is logged in, though, the loop is returning a ‘No posts found’ error – even though I’ve got five posts in the category. I’ve removed all limitations on the category from the User Role Editor ‘Posts View’ area, but the problem still persists. Any suggestions?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Turn off temporally “Activate content view restrictions” checkbox at the “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional Modules” tab. Will it make posts visible?

lewisS
    Participant

Yes – posts are now visible.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Activate “Content view restrictions” back and re-check every post from this category if there is no view restriction at the post itself. Look at the post editor page.

lewisS
    Participant

Okay. Content view restrictions is re-enabled. Individual posts have no restrictions on them. But still no results on the category page. Rather than show an access error message, though, it appears that the loop isn’t pulling in any posts at all.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Just to exclude – check the case if “Post View” for this user role has “Block not selected” option turned ON. This will block view of all posts if there are no other criteria inserted.

If that’s not the case, is it possible to receive access to a theme, plugins files and database copy of this site or stage site where you can repeat the issue? If Yes, share them with support [at-sign] role-editor.com via DropBox, GoogleDrive or similar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.