Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jakeman35
    Spectator

Hi,

I’m a new user and trying to understand the plugin upgrade process. It appears that the plugin cannot be upgraded automatically within the WordPress plugin page. So I need to delete the existing plugin, upload the new version (e.g 4.9), then recreate the settings, login to your website, retrieve the activation key, etc.

Is this correct or am I missing something? It seems like a lot of work to upgrade one plugin. My sites are running typically 20-30 plugins and this seems very unusual.

Thank you,

Jake

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is possible to update User Role Editor Pro as any other WordPress plugin. You need install the license key to use this feature. After that you will get WordPress notification when update is available.

jakeman35
    Spectator

Ok, thank you. The license key was missing under Settings, I was able to upgrade the plugin after adding it.

Jake

jakeman35
    Spectator

Sorry, but this is not working for me. I have license key entered correctly under plugin settings, but the automatic update option is missing. I took a snapshot of the screen, but I do not see how to upload a file with this post. Let me know.

Thank you,

Jake

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jake,

Excuse me for delay with answer. I missed your reply somehow.

If problem still exists please send screenshot to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Regards,
    Vladimir.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.