Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Uninstall – will it affect WP?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boneyboy007
    Spectator

Hi there.

If we wanted/needed to un-install this from a site will it affect the WP installation.?

What I mean is, will the default user settings in WP be restored of do we have to go through a ‘process’ to get everything back to normal.

We have a couple of sites we have to remove this from and I am concerned that doing so will cause a problem with the user access settings.

Many thanks
    TONY

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

All changes, which you made with a help of URE Pro, were made in place – at WordPress user roles and capabilities storage (database). Those changes are permanent. They not will be rollbacked with URE’s uninstall.

boneyboy007
    Spectator

Ok thanks for that. So my question is then, how do I reset/restore everything to allow aĺlow mme to uninstall URE.?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It depends from what do you wish to achieve.
    If you have no plugins or theme installed which added its own roles or user capabilities you may just use “Reset” button of User Role Editor. It will re-create roles from the scratch executing WordPress core code which WordPress uses itself during its installation.
    Be careful with ‘Reset’ button and read this post before try this function:
    https://www.role-editor.com/how-to-restore-deleted-wordpress-user-roles/
    This post contains other ways you may go to restore needed state of site roles.

You may to remove your changes manually. For example, if you created some role, assign to users with that role some of WordPress built-in roles, then you may delete your own role using User Role Editor. The same is correct for new capabilities you added using URE.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.