Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mpbauctionadmin
    Participant

I can’t seem to be able to give Admin rights to the above plugin – they have both Editor and Shop Manager rights assigned to their membership and have been allocated rights to the plugin but it doesn’t allow them to use as an admin

Home

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send plugin copy to support [at-sign] role-editor.com for the evaluation. I will look what is needed to get administrative rights for it.

mpbauctionadmin
    Participant

Any success Vladimir?

regards

David

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I need a copy of mentioned plugin in order to take a look what permissions it requires. Could you send it to me?

mpbauctionadmin
    Participant

I sent it on the 15th. Will send again

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It was in a SPAM folder. Thanks for the note. There is no need to re-send.

mpbauctionadmin
    Participant

All good

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Ultimate Auction Pro plugin uses directly ‘administrator’ role to protect all its menu items. Moreover it intensively checks if user has the ‘administrator’ role through its code.
    This means that is no chance to replace ‘administrator’ to some other role without headache after every plugin update.

Contact plugin developer. It’s quite better to use user capabilities (or custom role) to protect the plugin, in order a client may decide himself to whom allow to use this plugin.

mpbauctionadmin
    Participant

Hmmm oh well thanks.

There is no work around, there is nothing I can find about setting up a Super Admin then allocating the role of Admin with certain restrictions>

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It’s possible with WordPress multisite where you may revoke some capabilities from single site ‘administrator’ role.

You may fake ‘Ultimate Auction Pro’ plugin by adding a user capability with ‘administrator’ ID to the user role. But be ready that such user will get access to any other plugin which similar uses ‘administrator’ role to protect access to its functionality.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.