Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    8pdesign
    Participant

I need to allow a ROLE to flush caches on TotalCache, but NOT edit the Total Cache site config

1-Block them to any /wp-admin/admin.php?page=w3tc*.* page
    2-but allow to flush all caches or module caches. like /wp-admin/admin.php?page=w3tc_dashboard&w3tc_flush_all

Any clue? Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I see only one way, how you can use URE Pro to resolve this task – try the “Admin menu access” add-on.

W3 Total Cache plugin protects all its admin menu items with ‘manage_options’ user capability. So you can grant ‘manage_options’ to a role and block all unneeded menu items selecting related checkboxes. I recommend to start from the “Block Selected” model, as ‘Block not selected’ will require more complex tuning.

For W3TC leave unselected(unchecked) only ‘Perfomance’ and ‘Dashboard’ menu items. This will leave to a role access to the dashboard page where different clear cache buttons will be available. URE Pro will block access to all other (selected) menu items and linked URLs.

8pdesign
    Participant

Ok thanks Vlad.

Will this block access? Or simply hide the links from the menus like Adminize does?

Although We have a few pro Licenses this site does not.

1- it this doable with the free?
    2- are there some add_filters that could be used, to your knowledge?

Thanks for your help.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Admin menu access add-on included to URE Pro blocks URLs linked to the blocked menu items, not simply hides them.

It’s not possible to achieve via granting/revoking user capabilities, what free version allows.
    Finally all changes/extensions which Pro version brings to WordPress are realized with usage of some filters and actions.

You may use the code described here as a starting point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.