Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports The HTTP 404 Error Return feature does not work with ajax

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    huongcba
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried using URE to hide the post with “return HTTP 404 error” feature, everything worked fine until I turned on ajax related features (lazyload, switch to another page, filter.
    I have tried a few different plugins for displaying the post list, they got the same error: The title will not be hidden as usual but it is displayed, content is a default access error message (if any). Though clicking on it will lead to a 404 page.
    Sorry if I misconfigured or the answer is somewhere on this forum.
    Thank you very much.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Send me the link to plugin (with ajax related features) from wordpress.org/plugins in order I can test this issue.

huongcba
    Participant

Hi,
    The plugins I try out are all paid plugins. I tested them on the local host until it really worked for my project.
    The plugin I want to use the most is Post Table Pro by Barn2 Plugins, with “Lazy load” features. I signed up to try it out. Can I send it to you for you to check? This link share to support [at-sign] role-editor.com Post table pro trial [removed]
    I also tried with the Ultimate addons for elementor, Content View Pro plugins. They have the same problem.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks. I got plugin copy. I will look what is going wrong.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try beta version 4.58.3.b1. It’s available from the Download page after login and contains related fix:

Fix: Content View Restrictions add-on: Posts with “Show 404 HTTP error” option were available via AJAX requests.

The single .php file was changed: pro/includes/classes/content-view-restrictions-posts-list.php.

huongcba
    Participant

Hi,
    I just finished trying. It worked well as expected. Thanks very much!
    Additionally, I find that the parent category’s restrictions do not apply to sub-categories within it. Is that a feature?
    And I also look forward to a perfect solution mentioned in this topic: https://www.role-editor.com/forums/topic/restrict-access-elementor-template/
    Best & Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.