Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weblandschaft
    Participant

Good Day

I’m using the Pro Version of your great Plugin to manage admin access of a page. I have installed the Plugin «Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order» to allow sorting of posts and special post taxonomies. I have allowed access to an admin group which allows him to access the page in the admin area and make changes. The URL looks like this:
    /wp-admin/edit.php?page=to-interface-post
    However there is a selection which lets you switch to a different taxonomy to sort this too. Tis changes the URL to this:
    wp-admin/edit.php?page=to-interface-post&taxonomy=category
    As soon as you try to access this page the user gets redirected to the dashboard. Is there a reason that this is not allowed and can i somehow make sure that the user group can access this sub page too?

Thanks
    Björn

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Björn,

Excuse for delay with answer – I had 2 weeks vacation.
    Did you apply Admin menu access restrictions for role of this user?
    If you use “Block not selected” model for admin menu restriction, it may be a reason why user is redirected to to the dashboard when he try to open URL with additional parameter. Read carefully the final part of the documentation page.
    I hope that switching to the “block selectes” model or tuning “URL arguments white list” will help you to resolve this issue.

weblandschaft
    Participant

Hello Vladimir
    Easy, i hope you enjoyed your vacation?

Sorry but, what do you mean exactly with the “Block not selected” model?

I added all the arguments to the whitelist, but it redirects always back to the dashboard if i click on “edit”.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Björn,

Is it possible to look at your settings online?
    If Yes, then send site URL, admin login credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I will check what may go wrong.

weblandschaft
    Participant

Hi Vladimir

I found the the guilty party. The plugin had duplicate “&” in the edit URL. Like: /wp-admin/post.php?post=5709&action=edit&&taxonomy=foo “After I removed a “&”, the thing worked again.

Many thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.