Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Suscriber control panel quit menu options

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    inpq
    Participant

Hi, i don’t know where can i quit some menú options to my users.

I create users like suscribers, but they can add and edit posts in the category that i give permission.

This users see in menú the portfolio, testimonials, comentaries, contact plugin and custom CSS plugin, but i don’t want to show to this users, what can i do?

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Luis,

You may block unneeded menu items, which protected by the necessary (you can not revoke them from the role) capabilities like ‘edit_posts’ using “Admin Menu Access” add-on:
    https://www.role-editor.com/block-admin-menu-items
    These restrictions are applied to the user role, not to the user.

inpq
    Participant

I activate Admin Menu Access but i don’t see where can i quit the comments from the left menu.

Also i don’t see where can i hide the plugins that i need to hide.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Go to the “Users->User Role Editor”. Select the role of your user. Click ‘Admin Menu” button and turn ON menu items which you wish to hide from this role.

inpq
    Participant

I don’t find the “admin menú” button into Users->User Role Editor.

You can see it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23760098/userrole.jpg

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Luis,

You should activate this add-on at “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional Modules” tab. Then you will see “Admin menu” button at “Users->User Role Editor”.

inpq
    Participant

Hi, see this image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23760098/role.jpg

You can see in top screen what i see when i Access to admin menu, where i don’t see the options to desactivate plugin Access.

In the bottom screen, you see the menu for a subscriber user, where i don’t want to show menu options like portfolio, testimonials, select slider, select carousel, menús, comentarios, custom css&js, contacto, perfil, herramientas, maquetador visual.

Do you know what can i do to disable this options in the menu for the subscribers?

Regards.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Luis,

Show a screenshot of the page with this user capabilities: go to the ‘Users’ menu and click ‘Capabilities’ link under this user role. I’m sure that this user has more capabilities or even roles than just a ‘Subscriber’ one. User should see just ‘Dashboard’ and ‘Profile’ menu items with the only ‘Subscriber’ role.

inpq
    Participant

Here you have the new screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23760098/capabilities.jpg

In number 1, you can see the capabilities of the user in the network, and in number 2 you can see the capabilities of the user in the site of the network where he can do actions.

This user i want that only can create posts, update his posts and delete his posts, and too add media documents like images, PDF… but i don’t want to show the thigs that you see in yesterday screenshot.

I don’t know what can i do.

Thanks.

Luis.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You are at 1 step from the needed solution:
    – Revoke capabilities you gave directly to colegioinfantil user.
    – Grant him the same capabilities via role at that site. You may create a new role as a copy of the subscriber role and add edit posts capabilities set to it.
    – After that open “Admin menu” for that role: you will see all available menu items from yesterday screenshot and may select unneeded menu items to block them.

inpq
    Participant

Yes!!!! now it’s ok, thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Luis.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.