Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    camber799
    Participant

We are attempting to provide Editor access to Smart Slider 3 with User Role Editor Pro. We are also attempting to provide access for this role to Appearance > Menus and Appearance > Widgets.

We have set the permissions to include:
    nextend
    nextend_config (though we don’t want them to mess with this)
    nextend_visual_delete
    nextend_visual_edit
    smartslider
    smartslider_config
    smartslider_delete
    smartslider_edit

We have also set Admin Menu access to the above.

The problem we are having is that if we set “Block menu items” to “Not Selected”, the user can correctly access the Appearance elements but not the Smart Slider (redirects to Dashboard page). If we reverse the selections and then set “Block menu items” to “Selected” the user role can access Smart Slider 3 as expected but not the appearance items.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Show screenshot of “Admin menu access” selection you made for the “Block Selected” variant.

“Block not Selected” requires more careful tuning to workaround a redirection to admin dashboard. Explanation is here.

camber799
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I had to piece the screenshot of the Admin Menu screen together but here it is:
    null

I’ll take a look at the link but I want to express that we’ve attempted to use both the “Selected” and “Not Selected” approach. If we use “selected”, the user can’t access the Appearance > Widgts & Appearance > Menu options. If we use “Not Selected” they are not able to access Smart Slider 3. We prefer the “Not Selected” method if possible because it automatically excludes users from new features/plugins until they are explicitly permitted to access them.

Anyway, while you’re looking at this I’ll take a look at the link you sent.

Thanks again.

camber799
    Participant

Looks like I’m having difficulty posting an image here so I’ll paste the link to it below:
    03.05.2019-10.52.31

Vladimir
    Keymaster

As “Not selected” requires careful tuning by including additional URL arguments to white list, I asked you to show how do you build “Selected” list. Is it direct inversion of that you showed above? I wonder why do you have a problem with access to Widgets and Menus under Appearance with “Selected” model. It’s the 1st time I get such report. If it’s possible to looks at your site on-line send URL and admin credentials to suport [at-sign] role-editor.com

camber799
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I sent you more information via the support email address. Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.