Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Search results not displaying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sunny
    Participant

The users under user role Author, Editor are not able to see the search results. May I know what could be the issue? It works for Super Admin but not for others.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Describe how it does not work. What’s going wrong? Does user redirected to the admin dashboard or something else?

sunny
    Participant

Actually, when I had “not selected” in Admin menu, then there were issues. I was redirected to the admin dashboard. But then I changed to “selected” in Admin menu and it worked.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do they search posts? Send me full URL (without domain but with arguments) where redirection takes place. You can make it under admin to copy resulting URL.

kmeronuk
    Participant

I’ve experienced what I believe is the same issue.

I set up the Admin Menu access for a couple of custom roles using the “Block menu items Not Selected” and when one of those user roles tried to search the Users list in the admin, they didn’t get search results and instead were directed to the WP admin dashboard.

I found this forum topic and went back to switch the Admin Menu access to be “Block menu items Selected” and swapped around my checked items. After saving and testing, the user role could then perform a search of the Users list.

So the admin search functionality doesn’t seem to play well with the “Block menu items Not Selected” option.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

To @kmeronuk,

You came to a right conclusion. I added new paragraph to admin menu documentation page. It explains a reason and includes a workaround.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.