Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Roles no longer pushed to subsites on MultiSite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    huivm
    Participant

Hello,

When I create new roles on my Network Dashboard of my MultiSite installation and choose “Update Network”, the new roles are not available on any of my subsites.

Any idea what might have caused this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for this report. I confirm the bug. I will post here as the fix will be ready for testing.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can try the beta version 4.59.2.b3. It contains needed fix. It’s available after login from the same “Download” page.

huivm
    Participant

Hi,

I can confirm this works. Thanks!

(I did check this the same day you posted it, but forgot to give you a reply)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you.

drahn
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I am also working on multisite. I am curious if you have any tips on using user role editor and adminimize together on multisite. I have been using 4.5.1 for a long time now, and am using ure on a new site. Should I stick with 4.5.1 or will export config be ok to import to new current version, as I want to export my config and import it into the new site. Any thought s greatly appreciated!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Generally, it should work with new version. Custom roles and capabilities are will be in place.
    4.5.1 was so long ago though. Max. problem you may meet – to re-configure manually the settings for some add-on, like “Admin menu access”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.