Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Role unable to edit user unless they have

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tanner
    Participant

A user with edit_user capabilities is unable to edit another user without ure_manage_options. It’s easy enough to turn ure_manage_options on so they can edit a another user, but the problem is now they’re given URE capabilities and the link to edit capabilities per user: https://imgur.com/a/Tukp3I4.

Can you please remove the strict association of ure_manage_options to the ability to edit a user? I know ure_manage_options needs edit_users but edit_users does not need ure_manage_options. Right now the behavior isn’t even consistent because I can turn off ure_manage_options and leave edit_users still checked.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Such strict association does not exist. Any user with ‘list_users’, ‘edit_users’ can edit any other user except users with ‘administrator’ role.

Check if you applied to this role some additional restrictions – via “Other roles access” add-on, for example. Deactivate ALL URE’s add-ons for testing or even
    deactivate URE and re-test. ‘ure_manage_options’ will not work at last case.

tanner
    Participant

I’ve been fiddling with the settings all night and the issue disappeared. I’m wondering if it has to do with the other bug report I submitted. If I can reproduce it I’ll submit another ticket, otherwise you can close this. I have supress_protection turned on as well so it’s possible that I was trying to edit a user with the administrator role.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.