Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Restricting Learndash content types

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I use Learndash for my courses. I want to prevent a role from seeing anything but quizzes.

How do I do it?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Does ‘prevent from seeing’ mean, when editing, or viewing at front-end?

[email protected]
    Participant

Yes. I want to prevent that role from seeing the menu items. It shouldn’t see the courses, the groups, and so on.

If this is not possible, at least it shouldn’t be able to edit them.

[email protected]
    Participant

Any answer?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Try, Admin menu access add-on and block unneeded menu items for selected role.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks, it works, but I still see the settings submenu for each Learndash module.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oP6EtuR6PPkqNfMYtD0MkTwrxVHC3usp/view?usp=sharing

Why?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

With role restricted by “Admin menu” access I received required access for a user
    I tested with older LearnDash version 3.3.0.3 though. If you have newer one, you may share it via Google Drive or DropBox with support [at] role-editor.com, in order I can make more exact test.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thank you
    now everything is ok.
    I managed to fix everything.
    I have a problem now. I changed the role of Group Leader, because I thought I was acting on a role I needed and I changed it. Is it possible to restore it? The role is Group Leader.
    Thank you

Vladimir
    Keymaster

According to the LD source code, Group Leader role has these capabilities by default:
    ‘read’,
    ‘group_leader’,
    ‘wpProQuiz_show_statistics’.
    If show the Group Leader user in the Authors selector shown on the post editor, add
    ‘level_1’,
    ‘level_0’
    else
    ‘level_0’ only.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.