Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Infiniaire
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,

I have emailed you my query …. I wish to restrict editing options to a few plugins … but its not working , cause even when I block plugins , they are still visible, if I give edit options to a single plugin.

For more details , please check my email.

Regards

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I need more details. Show screenshots with notes what do you wish to achieve and what settings did your make for that.

Infiniaire
    Participant

Could you please tell me how I can give access to activate / deactivate only a couple of plugins, with the rest of the plugins being blocked?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

This module helps with limited access to the plugins list for activation/deactivation:

Restrict plugins available for activation/deactivation

Only selected plugins will be available to user for activation. All other plugins will not be visible at the “Plugins” list.

Infiniaire
    Participant

This is good. It worked ….
    But I noticed that any notices that show up…. during that time of access, can be viewed by the user …
    In terms of iThemes security issues …. when it shows up …and the user with restricted access clicks on that … it goes to the page of the iThemes security settings page, where the settings can be changed and saved. I think this could be a security hole in user role editor. Kindly check it.

Also, is there a possibility to restrict access to only a single slider on the revolution slider, than the entire lists of sliders? That would help protect changes in various sliders available.

Infiniaire
    Participant

Awaiting your reply…

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I will answer, little later today.
    I’m preparing bug fix release currently.

Infiniaire
    Participant

No problem … 🙂

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It’s possible to remove all admin notices for the role:

Remove admin notices

iThemes plugin notice – I will test a described issue.

Revolution Slider don’t use custom post type to store slider as for example WooCommerce does. Plugin stores records at its own DB tables. So I don’t have decision to manage access to the sliders.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send me please a screenshot of role assigned to a user with restricted access.
    Check if you really restricted access for this user to iThemes Settings page. If a related menu item is blocked by User Role Editor Pro, but you can access it via direct URL, give a try to a development version of URE Pro 4.25.b4. It includes some enhancement to the URL blocking logic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.