Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Remove Protected Content (Post / Pages) from REST API, RSS Feeds, and Search

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jacob Hill
    Participant

Hello,

It would be awesome if when I assign role based access to a page / post / custom post type, user role editor would remove those items from WordPress’s REST API, RSS Feeds, and Search results (Unless the user is the proper role).

Thanks!

Jake

Jacob Hill
    Participant

Well, it appears that it removes the protected content from search. What about the REST API and RSS feeds?

Jake

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the good question.
    1) REST API – protected content is not shown;
    2) RSS feeds – It seems that some filters were missed. Protected content is available. I will work on a fix for this issue. Thanks again for paying my attention on the subject.

Jacob Hill
    Participant

Vladimir,

Wonderful!! Thank you very much for the update! Thank you for the great product!

Jake

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I made another test and discovered the mistake during previous test of RSS feed. I made that as logged-in user and checked access to the post allowed for logged-in users only. It’s content was hidden after I logged-out.
    So I will add the missed filter for exceprt ‘the_excerpt_rss’ with the next update.

Jacob Hill
    Participant

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.