Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Prohibit access for visitors

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Southside
    Participant

Hi, just bought Pro version, looks very good, especially I like the “Show content view restrictions meta box at post/page editor”, and that it also works for custom content!

A beginners question: What I want is simply to hide many posts and pages from ordinary non-logged-in visitors so that they are only visible to logged in users of all kinds.

In the Meta box I can choose between “Prohibit access” or “Allow access”. Good. But then I can only choose between the different User Roles. There are no “user-without-a-role/visitors”.

Is there some code/word I can write to prohibit access for ordinary visitors/non-user- roles/not logged-in? I just think it would be faster for me to check only 1 “visitors”, than to check every 5-7 user roles every time.

Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Good question. It is not possible currently with roles selection metabox. I will add such functionality for the next update.

Southside
    Participant

Thanks! That would be a great little timesaver.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Option “No role for this site” is available at the roles list starting from the version 4.19. Currently version 4.19 is in a beta state. You may download it for testing from
    https://www.role-editor.com/download-plugin/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.