Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Problem with restrict by "with category/taxonomy ID (comma separated)"

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    newsite
    Participant

Hello,

I use this plugin to make restriction on user where can create post and which taxonomy can use/select in custom post type.
    Custom post type i have create with CPT UI plugin.

First time when i make restriction, everything was good, but after some time, when user create a post, that post automatically go in one taxonomy (i mean that this is the first taxonomy created on page).
    Because that category must be hidden for some users, user who publish post not see that this post is have selected one taxonomy and that post is showing on wrong place on page.

This problem is happen when i add ID’s for taxonomy for each user in field “with category/taxonomy ID (comma separated)”, but when i delete ID’s, posting post is ok…

I have made update on plugins and wordpress version, but problem is still here..

Please for support, i can share and images for easy understanding my problem.

I use payed Theme, from Theme Forest.

I hope for fast solution.

Best Regards,
    Martin

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

This is an intended behavior. When user is restricted by taxonomies (for example: 2, 3) he can edit post only with those taxonomies: 2, 3. WordPress creates a new post in 2 steps: 1) inserts new post; 2) reopens it for editing.
    If new created post will not have one of allowed taxonomies user will receive access error. Remember he is allowed to post new and edit existing posts only inside the list of allowed taxonomies. This is a reason why URE automatically assigns to a new created post the 1st taxonomy from the list of taxonomies allowed for this user.
    User should check what taxonomy is assigned to his post and reassign another one.

If you have another issue please share the images to give me more details.

newsite
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

This is ok, but that taxonomy where every post go is hidden for that user role…

If post go in taxonomy which is available for that user role, than it is not problem…

And that is happen only for users where i have entered restrictions for some taxonomies..

Best Regards,
    Martin

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Thanks for clarification. I need investigate this. The best way to take a copy of your site (without uploads folder) and work with it under my local development environment. If it’s possible (the best variant – stage copy without valuable/critical information), send credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.