Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Posts/Pages Editor Restrictions not showing on profile page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    oliverrealize
    Participant

I’m trying to make it so my custom user role of “leader” only has access to view and edit 1 post.

I have checked the box for “Activate user access management to editing selected posts, pages, custom post types” as you can see in this image User Role Editor Options

But the option for entering post/page ID’s is not on the profile page as you can see in this imageProfile Page

oliverrealize
    Participant

I got it to show up but it still doesn’t give the user access to the post.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

If a post was written by other author – user should have ‘edit_others_posts’ capability to be capable to edit that post. ‘Edit posts restrictions’ section does not give to the user additional capabilities, it narrows the existing permissions.

oliverrealize
    Participant

How can I make it so that a user can only see, edit and create their own post?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

User Role Editor Pro will provide it.

If you give to a user role ‘edit_others_posts’ capability, you have these variants how to restrict his access to the posts list:

1) input to a user profile the only ID of the post from other author – user will can edit just the only post with that ID (or the list of posts in you input multiple IDs).

2) input this user ID to the ‘with author user ID (comma separated)’ field. User will can see and edit its own posts only at WordPress the admin backend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.