Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Plugin is… not doing anything…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    libbyljf
    Participant

I bought the pro version because I need to restrict access to content by role in some rather complicated ways. This plugin looks like it’s exactly what I need. Unfortunately, it isn’t doing anything at all, even with basic settings to show/hide a post. I’ve tried configuring multiple roles and multiple post types, tried setting restrictions by type, by individual posting, and by shortcode but nothing changes. The plugin doesn’t seem to impact the site no matter what I do.

I’m editing in Chrome and running tests in Safari and Firefox, switching between users with different roles. Caches have been cleared… multiple times. I’m using a theme that integrates with WP Job Manager and Buddypress. Are there any known issues with these plugins? If not, what else can be tried?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

There are no known issues with mentioned plugins.
    Let’s look on the problems step by step.
    Describe me one of the examples (what do you wish to achieve) which does not work for you and show screenshots of the settings you made for that.
    If you can provide admin access to your site. It will be helpful.
    Send credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

mcnott
    Participant

Hi Vladimir

Used the non-pro version and just updated to Pro. I am trying to give employees access to editing gravity Forms and views only. As above installed Chrome and testing in Safari and Chrome. Only way I can provide access is using full admin rights which is not advisable.

This is the result see

No way to access the menus selected under user roles pro or capabilities. Any ideas?

Kind regards
    Chris

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

You missed link to screenshot.

When site uses User Role Editor, Gravity Forms requires apparently assign to a role its capabilities – look Custom Capabilities->Gravity Forms group:
    gravityforms_create_form
    gravityforms_delete_entries
    gravityforms_delete_forms
    gravityforms_edit_entries
    gravityforms_edit_entry_notes
    gravityforms_edit_forms
    gravityforms_edit_settings
    gravityforms_export_entries
    gravityforms_preview_forms
    gravityforms_system_status
    gravityforms_uninstall
    gravityforms_view_addons
    gravityforms_view_entries
    gravityforms_view_entry_notes
    gravityforms_view_settings
    gravityforms_view_updates

Did you granted them to a role?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.