Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Plugin conflict with User Role Editor Pro

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dragon
    Participant

I have User Role Editor Pro activated (brand new user) and am also using a new plugin Sign-Up Sheets Pro. When User Role Editor Pro is activated, then Sign-Up Sheets Pro is not working correctly. When I disable User Role Editor Pro, then Sign-Up Sheets Pro works as expected.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Give me more details, what does not work correctly in “Sign-Up Sheets Pro” when you have active URE Pro.

Send me (support [at-sign] role-editor.com) a copy of “Sign-Up Sheets Pro” for testing with URE Pro together. I will use it at my local development environment and for the testing purposes only.

dragon
    Participant

With URE Pro active, activating Sign-Up Sheets Pro did not create the sign-up manager role it is supposed to. Also, on the All Sheets page, there is no Add Sheet button like there is supposed to be.

When I activated Sign-Up Sheets Pro with URE Pro disabled, then the role was created, and the Add sheet button is there but as soon as I activate URE Pro, the button is gone. As long as URE Pro is active, there is no Add Sheet button for Sign-Up Sheets Pro.

There is a free version of the plugin (Sign-Up Sheets) but the pro version requires authorization so you will have to get a copy from the developer of the pro version. The developer is informed of the issue and told me they would speak with you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I tested a free version of Sign-up Sheets and did not repeat any reported issues.
    I will contact SS plugin developer about getting a copy of his Pro version.

Btw, I suppose that if SS Pro uses custom post type then if you turned ON “Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types” option at “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional modules” tab, then role should have ‘create_xxxs’ capability, where ‘xxxs’ is a custom post type, like ‘create_signup_sheets’. “Add New”, “Add Sheet” buttons will be unavailable in other case.

dragon
    Participant

I was having some other problems and in the course of fixing them, this problem seems to have fixed itself… or at least if I fixed it I don’t know exactly what did it. Anyway, problem solved and at this point I think it was more likely a local problem, not a consistent problem between these two plugins.

Thanks for your efforts.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.