Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    solwebsolutions
    Participant

Trying to update plugin from our site and getting:
    An error occurred while updating User Role Editor Pro: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Please advise

elindydotcom
    Participant

I am also getting this error when trying to upgrade.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for this information. I fixed mistake in the updates server script. Please try to update again.

AGB
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,
    We were also getting that error earlier today. We just tried again but we get the same error.

solwebsolutions
    Participant

still getting:
    Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

…just tried it.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Download URL was built incorrectly after I have modified update server yesterday. WordPress may take it from the internal cache (transients). So about 24 hours may take place before it will request a fresh (valid) value from role-editor.com.
    You may wait until tomorrow or try to clear cached values from the database – these records:

SELECT * FROM wp_options where option_name like '%update_plugins%';
    SELECT * FROM wp_options where option_name like '%external_updates-user-role-editor%';

AGB
    Participant

Thanks Vladimir – today the update worked fine.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.