Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Partial translation display

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    e.rogivskaya
    Participant

Why does the user role completely do not see the translation? Most items without translation, although in the file user-role-editor-ru_RU.po all the lines are translated

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, there are some missing translations, thanks. I will fix this with the next update. Can you send a link to screenshot with a untranslated labels? I can not say that I see too much untranslated strings at User Role Editor pages.

If you write about custom post type labels and user capabilities added by plugins, that they are not translated by User Role Editor.

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I see another picture when switch site language to Russian. So I suppose you have a corrupted translation file. Try to replace .po, .mo files with original copies from URE Pro .zip installation package.

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

I say that the translation in the files .po and .mo is present, but in the admin panel for some reason it is not displayed. The main language of the site is Russian. Is there a problem in it? Thanks for the help!

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

original files reinstalled. Without changes

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do you use any caching plugin? Try to clear its and browser cache – just in case in would help.
    Did you try to deactivate temporary all plugins except URE?

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

Debug.log is completely crocked by URE. What advise in this situation?

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:16 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: line in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 144

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:16 UTC] PHP Warning:  file(.../): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 111

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 44

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 47

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 44

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 47

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in C...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 44

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 34

[04-Dec-2017 16:13:19 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: file in ...\wp-content\plugins\user-role-editor-pro\pro\includes\classes\page-permissions-view.php on line 34
    Vladimir
    Keymaster

Temporally switch off “Activate wp-admin pages pemissions viewer” checkbox at “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional Modules” tab.

It seems that this add-on works not for all sites setup. I need to make this code more universal.

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

I tried to reinstall the files .po and .mo results did not bring. Installed the translator Loco, so he writes that your plugin is translated only by 37%. If you start translating with Loco, then the translation appears. If you open transfer files with Poedit, then the translation is present at 100%. What’s with the mysticism?

e.rogivskaya
    Participant

Moved the translation files to the folder wp-content\languages​​\plugins\ and only so the translation is displayed

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Are there other user-role-editor-ru_Ru translation files at the wp-content/languages/plugins before you moved there files from User Role Editor Pro /lang folder?

Free version of User Role Editor does not include translation files into its installation package. WordPress downloads them from the centralized resource:
    https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/user-role-editor
    and places exactly to wp-content/languages/plugins folder.
    Both free and Pro version uses the same text domain. So WordPress can use translation files from a free version instead of those included into the Pro version folder.

Will valid translation be shown if you remove URE translation files from wp-content/languages/plugins folder?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.