Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Page/Post Editor Restrictions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pulauwin
    Participant

hi there. i have the pro version of the plugin. i wanted to restrict my users based on which parent pages they can edit. so i followed these steps:

Allow user to edit selected posts and pages only

i’ve checked the 3 checkboxes under Content editing restrictions section in the settings of the plugin.

however, the next step of going to the user’s profile… i dont see any section of “Page/Post Editor Restrictions”. am i missing something?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

“Page/Post Editor Restrictions” is shown at user profile only for user who really can edit posts and/or pages. Thus,
    1st, provide for a user edit access to the pages which you plan to allow him to edit.
    2nd, add edit restriction criteria.

Pulauwin
    Participant

if the user is an administrator.. would it mean that the user would not have that “editor restrictions” section in the user profile?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Sure, URE does not restrict access to content for users with ‘administrator’ role, thus, it does not show “Posts/pages edit restrictions” section at such user profile.

If you need apply edit restrictions for such power user, grant him custom role with less permissions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.