Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Other roles are unable to sort posts after update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rick
    Participant

Hi

I just updated the plugin to the most recent version. Now the other lesser admin roles (besides the superadmin) are unable to sort posts (by date or title) doing so redirects them back to the homepage.

Could you tell if there was a new setting added that I need to check for these roles to able to sort posts again? I’m sure that the effect was caused by the recent update since disabling this plugin allows the other roles to sort posts again.

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help. I confirm this bug. It occurs when you restrict role with “Admin Menu” and use “block not selected” model.
    I made available a fix with development version 4.26.1.b1. You may get it after login from the download page.

I wait a result of your test.

rick
    Participant

Hi Vladimir, everything is working properly now. Is it safe to keep this on my live site or should I revert back to the old version and wait for a stable release?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for your help with testing.

Yes, It’s safe to use at the live site. I applied just the only change to it – allowed the sorting parameters for posts list page.
    I will publish 4.26.1 as a stable one in a couple of days, just in case some other quick bug will be discovered in version 4.26.

rick
    Participant

Ok, Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.