Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Object Cache Pro plugin appearing in admin menu even though disabled

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

My server (Cloudwways) installs, under the mu-plugins folder, the Object Cache Pro plugin. The plugin page is under the Settings admin menu. User Role Editor Pro does not recognize it under Admin Menu module, while even though I disable it under custom capabilities the plugin page still loads in the admin menu and the user has access to it.

How can I disable and hide it?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Share plugin code with support [at] role-editor.com via Google Drive or DropBox. I will look, how it adds/protects it’s admin menu item(s).

[email protected]
    Participant

Enabling it in custom capabilities, it appeared in Admin Menu, so then I could remove it and stop it from showing in the Settings menu. The only problem is that it remains in Home -> Dashboard as a screen element.

Plugin is here [removed].

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks.
    Plugin uses own ‘objectcache_manage’ capability. Look if your role contains this capability and revoke it. Also plugin automatically allows this capability to user with ‘install_plugins’ capability, e.g. administrator one.

[email protected]
    Participant

If you revoke objectcache_manage capability it stops appearing in the “Admin Menu” module in User Role Editor, in order to deselect it and remove it from the admin dashboard Settings submenu.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, because of this menu item becomes unavailable for user which can not objectcache_manage capability. In this case there is no need to select/unselect it via “Admin menu” in URE.

[email protected]
    Participant

No, that’s what I am trying to explain. When the user can not have objectcache_manage capability, still the menu item is available under Settings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.