Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Not visible in Plugins, User Role Editor not showing in Users menu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ElizabethM
    Participant

I’ve tried reinstalling – no good. Tried removing the directory and installing it. Nothing. It’s there because if I try to do another version (non-Pro) it tells me I have Pro already installed.

Right before this happened I did a batch change of roles.

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

You have to deactivate any active version of URE before try activate another one.
    If you accidentally lost URE permissions – deactivation/activation of URE helps usually.

ElizabethM
    Participant

Well – I couldn’t do that because it was no longer listed in my list of plugins. Remove from database? Okay – I removed all plugins in the database. When I do, User Role Editor shows back up in my list of plugins. I reinstalled with the most current version. As soon as I activate it, it disappears from list of plugins and I cannot access the User Role Editor.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Does your user have WordPress built-in ‘administrator’ role?

URE automatically grants full access to itself to the ‘administrator’ role and hides itself from other users with access to the plugins list, who don’t have ‘ure_manage_options’ capability.

ElizabethM
    Participant

Yes, my primary account and I’m an administrator.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is it possible to look on your site (development/stage copy preferred) with admin privileges? If Yes, send credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

ElizabethM
    Participant

Sending. Thanks.

ElizabethM
    Participant

Nevermind. I figured out what I did. I did a batch update to move a bunch of user to a different admin role and overwrote myself. Argh! Updated the database and I’m good to go. Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.