Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to New Role not allowing Users to Add New for Custom Post Types

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    edering
    Participant

We create role that is supposed to give access to three different Custom Post Types for the User. We want the role to be able to do everything for those CPTs (Add New, Edit, Delete). But when I test it, it does not allow the User to Add New. The button is there, but when I click it, it takes us back to the Index of those CPTs (the View All page). We have this full list of features selected for each of the 3 Custom Post Types, plus we did that under Custom Post Types > Posts as well. https://www.screencast.com/t/7bi08Xaz What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do you use “Admin menu access” add-on to block some other CPTs or ‘Posts’ menu from this user? If Yes, show me a screenshot from “Admin menu” for this role.

edering
    Participant

Thanks Vladimir! I found this issue. I was using Admin Menu and did not have the Add New function on for each of the 3 CPTs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.