Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports nav menu perms not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    highprrrr
    Participant

I successfully created a user role, created a new user and assigned that role. I gave that role permissions to edit one menu and it worked.

Tried it all over again with a new user, new role, and new menu, but it just won’t work. Here’s a quick screen recording:

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/l71g57X1InISIjG4LcVG

As you can see, it’s not working for user ‘landfill’ but it is working for user ‘attorney’.

highprrrr
    Participant

In fact, even if I go to All and enable every single capability, that user ‘landfill’ can do everything but can’t view/edit ANY menus

highprrrr
    Participant

I just created a new menu called Econ, a new user called Econ with a new role called Econ, and it’s broken for that user as well.

The first one, Attorney, is the only user that’s able to view/edit the assigned menu. No other users can see or edit any menu

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It it’s possible to look at your site with admin privileges, send credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

highprrrr
    Participant

I just wiped the database and started over. Seems to be working ok now. If it happens again I’ll setup a staging site and come back.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK.

highprrrr
    Participant

ok, I do need help. I’m sending credentials

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank for the help in finding the issue. Problem: WordPress save the recently opened (or the 1st one) menu as a default one for the current user. If we block such menus and leave another menu only, WordPress shows empty menu instead of one which we allow.

Workaround – deactivate nav menu add-on. Login as restricted user and open allowed menu, then activate nav. menu module back. User will see only allowed menu.

I will research how to fix this and return with update.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.