Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Multisite user role creation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    utklibraries
    Participant

If I network activate URE Pro and create a new role under the network admin, should that user role be available to pick from in the User dashboards on the subsites? I don’t know exactly how this should work?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

If you just create role under network admin – new role will be available at the main site of the network only. All updates made to the roles under Network Admin are applied to the main site.

If you wish to replicate all roles data to the all other subsites use “Update Network” button.

utklibraries
    Participant

Thanks, I wasn’t sure what “Update Network” did. Makes sense now.

pvendeavors
    Participant

Hello,

I am using this the pro plugin now after using the free version on many sites for a while…awesome plugin!

I am having some trouble with this feature though. It seems that when I update user capabilities for a role and then hit “update network” the checked capabilities do not update for the entire network. I have to go into the individual sites on the network to manually update each of the roles.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? I really would like to be able to click the update network and have it update my capabilities changes for that role on all sites in the network.

Thanks,
    Steve

utklibraries
    Participant

Make sure you’ve network activated the plugin and are looking at the network admin screen. I’ve never had to manually update my network.

pvendeavors
    Participant

I do have it network activated and was on that screen. It just does not seem to update the other sites on the network. I am happy to provide login credentials for you to see what I am talking about.

utklibraries
    Participant

Hmm I’m at the limit of what I know to do then. Vladimir’s instructions worked for me.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

pvendeavors,
    send super login credentials to the support [at-sign] role-editor.com. I will look on the issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.