Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Multisite give user rights to add and to a page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aakraak
    Participant

Hi,

I would like a user that is NOT a super admin, but a admin, to have the rights to add <scripts> and <style> to a page. I do not want to give him super admin rights. But without being a super admin, he cannot add a <script></script> to a page, so my menu breaks.

What rights do I give him? He has all of the “themes” rights, but I am not able to figure out what checkbox to check.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

1st, decide if you trust this person enough. Using script tags may lead to the permissions compromising and vulnerable.

2nd, go to the “Network Admin -> Settings -> User Role Editor -> Multisite” tab and turn ON the Enable "unfiltered_html" capability option.

3rd, go to the site where you user has ‘administrator’ role and open ‘Users->User Role Editor’, select ‘administrator’ role, turn ON the ‘unfiltered_html’ capability. It’s located at the ‘Deprecated’ group.

aakraak
    Participant

I do not have a multisite tab…

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is URE network activated?
    Or is it activate for the single subsite?

aakraak
    Participant

It was under the settings of the main site of URE. There was the multisite tab.
    And then I could give each user the right rights. Thanks very much for your quick response.

mwelton
    Participant

Thanks for the additional information.

It seems that URE is activated for the main site, not for the whole network. URE shows its settings under the main site/subsite Settings menu it this case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.