Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Multisite – Admin menu is not syncing for all subsites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pazazta
    Participant

Hey,
    I have multisite and made some changes on the Admin Menu.
    For some reason not all the subsites are updated with the new menu (some are updated and some not). I’ve tried several times to click on “Update Network” and in the main site on “Update all sites” but it didn’t work.
    Only if I go as super admin to the subsite and click “update” on role editor pro it worked.
    Do you have any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

pazazta
    Participant

By the way,
    The not allowed menu items are not accessible (redirecting to the same page) but shown.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I hope you turned ON the ‘Admin menu access restrictions’ at popup opened after you click the ‘Update Network’ button under ‘Network admin->Users-User Role Editor’.

What is not synchronized?
    You have to have the same admin menu at all subsites, that is the same list of active plugins, the same active theme. If admin menu differs from subsite to subsite, it will differs under the URE->Admin menu too.

Give me more details on a problem with hiding menu item. What plugin created it? Show a screenshot of ‘Admin menu’ window.

localmediach
    Participant

Hello,

we have the same issue. We checked the option ‘Admin menu access restrictions’ in the popup after clicking Update Network, but the admin menu settings are not synchronised for the sub sites.

Best regards

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

@localmediach
    , what do you see at the subsite “Admin menu” when you open it for the same role, no any checkboxes selected?

If that’s applicable, you may send superadmin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com, I will look what is going wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.