Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Manual Update for version 4.14.4 on Multisite

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lcenvs
    Participant

Hello,

I updated to version 4.14.4 on a multisite today, and I had to do the update manually. Is this how I will have to normally update this plugin, or should the automatic update function work in the future?

Thanks,
    Nate

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Nate,

My apologies for the delay with answer. I was on holiday trip with rare access to the Internet.

Yes, automatic update function should work. In case it does not please let me know. I will try to investigate the issue and fix it.
    One of the reason automatic update failure is that license code was not input or missed.
    In case you have time you may test automatic update feature – replace manually version number at user-role-editor-pro.php file from
    Version: 4.14.4
    to the
    Version: 4.14.3 for example and check for the updates.

Regards,
    Vladimir.

InductiveIdeas
    Spectator

hmmmm, I was having issues upgrading to 4.14.4 on my multisite install as well. It was giving me the error that it couldn’t write to a temporary file.

I tried it 3 times and it worked on the 3rd time…and I didn’t change anything…so maybe it was a server issue.

Either way just thought I’d chime in.

lcenvs
    Participant

Somehow I’m not getting email notifications of these replies; pardon my late reply here. I’m currently on 4.14.4, and am not being notified of updates available, so I’ll be manually updating just now to 4.16, and will verify license code upon update. Are you still having problems with automatic update, @InductiveIdeas?

Jim P.

lcenvs
    Participant

Okay, I’ve manually installed 4.16 on our multisite, and activated on one test site. (Is this allowable, or do you have to network-activate on multisite given common user management? See this thread, just started.) I’ll see if we get notification of updates; we did not get notification of 4.15 nor 4.16.

Regards,

Jim P.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information. I wonder of the possible problem as I do not see such issues on the ten of my installations.
    Yes, if you have no license code in the URE option then you may get ‘automatic updates unavailable’ message, but ‘new version available’ notification should work always.

I will inform you when I publish the next update to make checking together. Interesting, if you will get the notification at admin, and what will be if you click ‘Check for updates’ link under plugin row at “Plugins” page manually?

P.S. There is a problem with email notifications from this (bbPress) forum after I moved site to the Google App Engine. I investigate it.

lcenvs
    Participant

Okay, many thanks. Btw, I got a copy of your “This message is the test of email notification from this forum” post, though I cannot find it on the forum thread where it emanated, and I did not get email copies of your other replies.

Jim P.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I deleted that test message. Those answers were sent before I fixed the problem with email notification.
    So we both get forum activity notification emails now. That’s good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.